Autotune and Ethanol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet if I posted pictures of ethanol eating rubber to mush, completely disolving a 1952 8N fuel bowl cork gasket in 5 months, and varnish thicker than 3 coats of nail polish from a 21 year old honda generator that has never failed to start on the first 3 pulls from just 4 months of the new 15% ethanol mandated gas. The non believers still wouldn't get it. Funny how a 30 year veteran mechanic seeing it first hand everyday has less credibility than......someone that has not one single document saying ethanol won't damage any fuel system, makes more power, has better shelf life, and better economy than non ethanol gas. I guess Stihl better stop selling their brand of motomix........yeehaaaa

I will say that I know a small engine mechanic and a few others that run alcohol at the dunes... And when it is time to load up and go home they disconnect the fuel line and hang a small bottle of straight gas off the handle bar and hook that line to the carb and run the motor for five or so minutes to get the alcohol out of the carb and motor.
I guess the straight stuff will mess up a carb in less than a month...so I've been told by someone with lots of firsthand experience ..:taped:

Back