Autotune waterproof?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 576 sits out on the hill through the nights and on weekends in the west coast pissing weather. Never had a problem. I pulled it out today for some more in depth maintenance cause got tomorrow off but it could have stayed out there really.

I don't think I will be cutting trees underwater just wanna know if it rained on it it would be fine. Thanks for the fast informative replies:rock:

I've never had any problems with mine in the PNW. It rains a lot here. I doubt it's waterproof though. Maybe someone could make a snorkel for one and find out.

I've run my 441s and 576s many times in a downpour doing storm cleanup. The only problem I had was when I dunked the 441 in a swollen ditch while cutting a tree off somebody's house. But that would kill a standard carbed saw.Nothing is truly waterproof, but Autotune and M-Tronic are very water-resistant.

I don't really think companies like Husqvarna and Stihl will hire engineers who won't weatherproof their products. Sure, they might have other bugs. But I doubt they would ever do something like that.

Latest posts

Back