Awesome Craigslist adds, enough said

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cherry Tree - Felled Tree for Fire Wood

Our 10+ year old Cherry tree toppled over a few weeks ago and we just don't have the time to make it into fire wood for the smoker. If you want to come out and chop the tree up we can split the wood. Or if you want all of the craft and smoking goodness for yourself, we can work out a price for you to take my share. Email for more information or to set up a time to come out.

and...

Somebody's pissed about their highly valuable black walnut trees. Ya know, because they're highly valuable. Pretty screwy deal all around for a couple of yard trees, and a tree service operating way past the "shady" side.

Looking to have yard work or trees cut?

Please be careful who you let cut down your Walnut Trees./trees in general.

Three months ago we had "x xxx xxxxx xxx xxxx" tree and landscaping service (Xxxxx and Xxxxx) come to our home to cut down two trees.

We had an agreement in which they contacted us in regards to us selling them our trees. We agreed on a set amount for the trees, to be paid to us, after they had looked at the trees. In exchange, we would get our trees cut down, make a little money, and they would profit from the sale of the logs.

We have called and left messages, and keep getting the run around. We are now told that if we want to pursue this to get the money we are owed, they will charge us their normal fees for what they would charge for removal. They are stating that they were only going to get $80 for the lumber when it was sold and why would they pay us for trees that were not worth their time to cut down. My questions is, why would you go to the trouble of cutting down trees, hire someone to help you, if it were going to be a "waste" of your time and money? Seems a bit contradictory to us. It has been several months since these trees were cut down. We believe it was never their intention to pay us. They cut down the trees, left a huge mess of branches and twigs, all over our yard, and took the firewood that they were supposed to leave. I am sure from what we were have been told, these trees would have brought in over $500 each because of the size.

Please, if you have anyone cut your trees for profit, make them pay you BEFORE they leave, and get it in writing as to what they are planning to pay you., I'd hate to see anyone get taken advantage of like this company has to us.

One more thing I would now like to note. I have had numerous people contact me in regards to them also having difficulties with this company and getting them to pay. They received the same excuses that we did from Xxxxx, at xxx xxxxx xxx xxxx.

125' Tall oaks 2 - 2 1/2" in Diameter

125 feet tall and 2 to 2 1/2 ft. in diameter. Bet those wave in the wind.

akron-canton craigslist > gigs > labor gigs
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Straight Oaks for the taking!! (Stow)
Date: 2012-05-15, 12:21PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have some large, straight oak trees that someone can take if they want to have them taken down. There are 3 of them, all around 125 feet tall and straight. They are about 6-8 feet in circumference. They will need professionally taken down as they are near my house but the wood is free to whomever wants to do it. This would be fabulous wood for furniture making, etc. Feel free to respond with questions...

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 3016860758

I've seen people literally steal chunks of soft wood from some of my job sites. In the winter I think I need to get a stack of waver forms and get those people to do my job for me so I can work less and have some money for a Christmas. :biggrinbounce2:

Stump removal

Stump removal (South Crystal lake)

Date: 2012-05-17, 6:04PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a tree stump in my front yard I would like ground. There is also a medium sized rock I would like to have removed as well. All mulch generated from the stump must be removed from site. I'm looking for a fairly quick turnaround on this. I am willing to pay $50 (fifty) for the entire grinding and removal. The stump measures 3ft x 2ft, and the rock is 14in x17in x 12in. Please email me of you are interested in taking this opportunity. Thank you.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: no pay
PostingID: 3021989778

800.00 bucks for the both of them folks. Don't fall over yourselfs trying to get to them.

Black Walnut logs

800 for both OR...400 for the pair...............?,LOL, these crack me up. I should start showing some of the non tree related ones. Someone was giving a way a sofa, looked like somebody was murdered on it.

Oak logs

I have 5 oak logs cut in 8'6" (2) 10'6" (2) and one that is 16'6" (1). The widths are all similar with 30-36" at the truck and 26-28" at the small end. You are welcome to make an offer for all 5 or whichever you choose. All together there is about 2000 board feet. Sawmill will pay 25-30 cents a foot so I will need 125 for each of the smaller logs and 175 for the 16 footer. Delivery available. Call 7179518189 for info

5L95J65Mb3nf3K43Ndc5p03fe8c2c7846177b.jpg

5Ie5Gf5Z33Ma3L63Nfc5p1185c901de4c14e2.jpg

They didnt even square the ends.

Back