Axe Men

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the helicopter not having a cut away feature for the cable hook-up?

FAA anyone?

There aren't that many loggers now.

In the good old days Oregon and Washington each killed a logger a month.

Uh........thats what the red thingy is people

breakaway.jpg

Such a sweet show... I wish I lived in the west sometimes. Being on the east coast, closest thing I get to logging is a lot clear...

I was happy to see some felling in this episode all I can say is hats off to Jay Browning the man only has one hand and can still drop trees like a pro. The second episode was better than the first but the show mainly revolves around getting the trees to the landing not much chainsaw use as of yet so maybe later in the show.

Ax Men

let the comments of the HISTORY CHANNEL show come pouring in,i myself likes it alot, what are your thoughts????

yeah i was a little behind , i was telling my wife i would do this job in a heart beat just becuz of the love of the whole buisness and when my dad worked for weyhauser back in the day, #### i would take a intern ship for free labor
(GREENHORN) just to be in the outdoors again in the great PNW... i will never let home go again, john

Ya know there are already like 10 threads on this?? But ya I do like it allot.

A new one was just started a few minutes ago but it's been merged into this one!:)
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what's going to disappoint a lot of us is that this show is not necessarily much about chainsaws or their use, but about tree harvesting.

It's surprising to see the owner of a multi-million dollar logging company still falling his own trees. Very little was shown though of the tree falling. It was nothing more than preperation to bring the crew in to harvest the logs. It still makes for an interesting show though.

I want to see some giant Redwoods hit the deck and all the work involved in getting it done. I'd love to see how jacks are used. I don't think spring boards are used much any more but I'd find that interesting as well.

Sure you could haven't you ever seen those hard hats, that hold 2 beer cans??? with straws going down to your mouth. Geeze where have you been.

That's what I am talking about, just with the face shield and earmuffs. Don't want to skip on the safety, that would be down right dangerous. :cheers:

I suckered today. Checked the sched on the History Channel this morning, on 4 times, last at 10 and 11 pm. Waited to 10 only to find it is the same one from last week. Waiting now for 11 which looks like the new one per the blurb. Bad part is that wipes out all local news for tonight.

Hoping for a good show at 11.

Harry K

Local news? I never watch that unless there is a hurricane or something. I watched the AxMen from 11-12pm. Mostly cable yarding, which up until recently I could watch from a dozen places around here. Amusing too that they have some synthsized competition between the crews, which for the most part have nothing to do with each other.

Around here logging crews are pretty laid back. If the equipment is down for a day, its down for a day. Shrug it off and go have a beer. Of course now, few crews are working around here, and times are getting pretty tough.

Back