Axe restoration thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see the word Glass too, so looks like you're right on the money. I wonder how old it is.

Got a new 32” handle from Beaver Tooth handles out of TN. I wasn’t pleased with the last one I got from the hardware store. Very beautiful grain and feels dense, I think it is going to be a really good fit.
877edbddb7c44c62cf2997a3b8186267.jpg

e09ef520af4be746ee14450007615e63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. That’s what I thought. Was thinking about picking it up but didn’t want to buy a repaired axe, if that’s what it is.

I'm not sure if it will have been like that from new or repaired. A decent blacksmith used to repair a worn axe by replacing the hardened steel chunk, good as new again, it could be that had happened. I don't know enough to tell and can only guess really.

This felt more like an ending than even their funerals did. But there is still stuff in the house yet; there will probably be a yard sale sometime next year. My parents put everything into a trust so my sister as executrix and the trustee are dealing with getting the estate liquidated and into the trust. My parents' main goal in life and death was to keep taxes as low as possible. This is their way.

My dad and his brother grew up with two girl cousins on farms a half mile apart. From stories I used to hear, the older girl was a bit of a ringleader in getting the boys in trouble; things involving silos, haymows, light sockets, livestock, etc. The older cousin just died Wednesday, just days before her 97th birthday. She was the last of them. Now she can get them in trouble up there.

Beautiful job, love the hang!

Sorry for the late response, been busy feeding the old stove.
Thank you for the compliment, it held up great until I was splitting and a rain storm came through. The head moved about 1/4”, so after it dried again I pounded it on a little tighter and added a metal wedge. Been solid since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back