Back at it again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregoncutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not far from my house, and in an area I have logged in the past these protestors recently setup camp to shut down a timber sale that was allready being harvested. The first big sale I worked on we had a similair thing happen a guy had chained and paddlocked himself to our gate in, and threw away the key. Unfortunately for him he only locked himself to the swinging part of the gate and not the post. We opened the gate with him attached to it, locked it open, and took our time calling the sheriff department they didn't make any haste getting there either so he recieved alot of attention from passersby. I think a pictures worth a thousand words so here it is hopefully it shows up.

might be short lived

Here was the latest form our local papers website.
ELLIOTT STATE FOREST — Oregon State Police officers were at the site of a logging protest near Loon Lake this morning to ask those involved to leave voluntarily or face arrest.

Protester Jasmine Zimmer-Stucky reported at about 9:40 a.m. that about two dozen officers had arrived at the timber harvest site with a paddy wagon.

OSP Lt. Doug Ladd said earlier this morning that protesters who volunteer to leave would be allowed to do that, but those who refuse will be arrested. Protesters have overturned vehicles to block a logging road. Some are hanging from platforms in the trees to block vehicle access.....

I like that idea throw their stinkin a$$es in paddy wagon and haul em back to Eugene, Portland, Ashland, Big city California or whatever rock they climbed out from under to get here.

Throw a bar of soap, they will scatter like crazy. Or try some non-organic veggies.

Healthy forests are working forests.

Shoot them all in the forehead with pepper-spray paint balls... It's always open season on stupid.

If only we could give each of them one chance to drop a nice fine 36" stem they might catch the timber fever like us! Anyone of em could make a fine hand.

That picture was great, but I too was hoping for the dude on the gate.

If only we could give each of them one chance to drop a nice fine 36" stem they might catch the timber fever like us! Anyone of em could make a fine hand.

That picture was great, but I too was hoping for the dude on the gate.

Yeah, I wish I would have had a camera for the idiot that locked himself to the gate. At that point in my life I was 18 and it was my first day as a chokersetter under a Yarder (TY90) I didn't even have a cell phone back then. The look on his face when I said hey lets just open the gate was one of astonishment, fear, and that universal look of OHH $hit. He never said a word to us, the log truck drivers were stopping at the gate to tighten their binders, take a leak, and check up on him all morning.

We had a similar issue outside of Medford, Oregon with some protesters a couple years back. They cut down a huge old growth Heritage tree that would have never been cut down and put it in the middle of the main road in downtown Medford in front of the Forest Service office. They then decided to handcuff themselves all to the tree stopping traffic for a little while. What we explained to them later was that it was a protected tree and would have never been cut down. IDIOTS. Shoulda seen the looks on their faces. PRICELESS.

HaHaHa that is absolutely priceless!!!!! Those idiots were so worried about there damn protest they cut down a protected tree, so damn stupid they went and did what they were protesting against. Some people are so worried about some dumbass agenda that seems novel and they fall in with all the sheep and don't think with their own heads. Thank God!!! that we don't have to many around my neck of the woods, well i take that back 1 is too many.:angrysoapbox:

The funniest part about it to me is that they sit in the woods for a couple of hours and what exactly do they accomplish? NOTHING. When has twenty or thirty protesters ever actually stopped a logging strip from being cut? NEVER. They can sit there for a little and think they are making a huge impact but in all reality its going to get cut one way or another.

Apparently somebody ignored the "Dumping of trash prohibited" sign. Either that or the short bus got lost again...

whe don't have many of them here...thank goodness. but there is one that is well known around our national forest. he has spiked trees, set up barbed wire on horse trails, and protests the hell out of everything..........

And lives in a log cabin...

Latest posts

Back