back to basics........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budroe69moni

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
let's get back to the basics......
if you could only choose 3 or 4 pieces of
gear to climb w/ day in and day out, what
would they be??????
budroe:cool:

I do it every day. Lifeline, locking clip, saddle and lanyard.

This doesn't include PPE, of course. Helmet, safety glasses, etc.

Where is your saw in that mix? Gonna chew the branches off?:D

Guess I'd need to tie the line (1) right to my saddle (2). Assuming the scabbard and saw are one peice of gear (3), cip it on my saddle. That leaves me to mull over the last peice of gear... A biner to double end the rope with...chainsaw...decisions, decisions:p

can u choose a different setup for removals or same as trims? I would need my spikes on some of the removals I do. Is a chainsaw concidered gear? Gotta have the chainsaw on removals too. I remember seeing those large handsaws my dad used way back when he first started climbing. Those had to suck.

Last edited:
climbing gear is what i'm talking about.
although it would be a little tougher to
choose 4 pieces if hand saws and chain
saws are thrown into the mix;)
same gear for removals and prunes.
budroe:cool:

Mike, why do you need a chain saw when you got all that stuff? Operator goes up in the bucket, sets the cable from the crane in the tree. Crane rips said tree out of the ground, and deposits it right into the tub grinder.

Right now my climbing system is as light as it's ever been. On the other hand, it's the most complex. I could go back to just a rope, no steel snap, and just a chain saw. But, what's the point.

Tom

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back