back to the house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcars2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
been in new bern , nc for the last six months working on a construction job.
asked wife to have saw sharpened , my precious 041, for the weekend when i was getting home. the dude turned my cutters blue with his grinder. they are so hard now my file just chatters. ok install old chain, sharpen, cut about 4 cords today, really nice oak about 30 inches through the biggest logs.
split it all with my go devil, man i have got to get a log splitter.
noticed lots of people around here starting to use wood heat. uncovering those old fireplaces and such.
my wood, seasoned red oak, goes for 150 half cord, seasoned and stacked. man i cant cut enough. well pick up splitter tomorrow for the ford tractor. cant wait to try it. anyway. have a good one, later.
badcars

Blue tooth

I don't mean the computer style... He took to much of a bite with the grinder, it is easy to do. Would have been better to make two passes around the loop.
041 is a very nice saw, I had one. Upgraded to a 046 and I am not looking back.
-Pat

I've done that to a few teeth on a chain myself by accident. now I've gotten a bit better about it. I like to file the REALLY bad stuff out first, and use the grinder to make it nice and sharp. less bluing of the cutters when I do it my way.

Latest posts

Back