Badger Insulated Pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dparkguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Badger insulated pipe for their outdoor boiler? Product looks to be good quality at a reasonable price. 5 wrap Pex-al-Pex in 5" corrugated...$6.50 a foot. The stuff from Central looks nice but I can't justify the cost. Any help would be much appreciated. Gotta do this right or my better half will beat me with her broom!:hmm3grin2orange:

I used basically the same thing, mine is 4 wrap made by American Royal. I've had 300' of it in the ground for 7 years now and not a single issue, the longest run is 140' with only a drop of 1°. I'm sure you'll hear other opinions on this subject :popcorn:

Caution

Has anyone used the Badger insulated pipe for their outdoor boiler? Product looks to be good quality at a reasonable price. 5 wrap Pex-al-Pex in 5" corrugated...$6.50 a foot. The stuff from Central looks nice but I can't justify the cost. Any help would be much appreciated. Gotta do this right or my better half will beat me with her broom!:hmm3grin2orange:

Use caution I originally used a very similar pipe and found a 20 degree heat loss in only 75 feet of ditch but in the ditch it was very wet. if you have any chance of water getting to the pipe I would use good pipe, another one you may want to look at is urecon, their website is Urecon Pre-Insulated Pipe I will say that Badger is a great company to work with for all your installation needs and the owner of the company is a great guy, I buy most of my heat exchangers and parts from Rick and have never had any problems with warranty or shipping and have been doing buisiness with him for many years. dont be afraid to give him a call, his # is 800 571 7002 you will be impressed.

Latest posts

Back