Baileys breach dates to Dec. 2011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When was the first credit or debit card information from Bailey's hack or inside job first used in a fraudulent manner? I had used two cards with them and the fraudulent activity was within two weeks of each other for the various cards. I did not get an email lately but the one I got on 2/1/2016 seemed not to be correct with their date window just looking at the one card I only used four times. Kind of unlikely the hack or whatever compromise came from elsewhere.

It is not chainsaw related the way I see it. Could have started with the email, remember when you were supposed to be able to put remove in the subject line or reply and the spam had to stop sending you stuff. That was not enforced. Buy anti virus not pay taxes to prosecute those who inflict harm. Use tax money to prosecute Microsoft for stuff Necscape could get 3x damages if there was a case there. Etc. It seemed from the discussion when I signed the paper to dispute the charges either the bank or the entity that accpeted the card takes the hit. They gave me a provisional credit, will tell me for sure in 90 days.

I had my credi card info hacked from their site as well :( And I didn't even get a sales flyer with my order either :(

Just don't set well at all and worst is I recently made a purchase from them in February this year and the very next day I started getting charge out of Hawaii against my card. This purchase was supposedly after the time they had fix the problem. A lot more charges probably would had made it through before I caught them if weren't for a self imposed limit. It was when another vendor call about my card not going through. After calling my credit union and finding that my card was suspended and three additional charges were stop I locked that card and requested a replacement.

I definitely will very very leery of making any further purchases from Bailey's in the future.

Yes I got the email in Wednesday... I understand their situation, or maybe I don't. I'm afraid stuff like this is just going to become the norm if it's not already...

Dec 2015
My pre-paid debt card was hacked.

4 Feb 2016
Bailey’s Inc.
baileysonline.com

NOTICE OF DATA BREACH

What Happened

Recently, an examination by our computer security consultant revealed that someone without authorization accessed and likely stole credit card information belonging to our customers from our website. The thief or thieves accessed our website remotely and overcame our firewall and security protections. If you are receiving this letter, then we have identified you as one of the people who placed an order within the affected date range, identified below, and may have had certain protected information misappropriated.

The compromise event began on September 25, 2015 and involved persons capturing keystrokes as customers typed information onto BaileysOnline.com. The breach event was identified and confirmed on January 11, 2016 and stopped on January 13, 2016. It was an exploitation event introduced through a known defect in Windows 2008 Security. The theft involved @15,000 credit cards used to pay for purchases on our website during the above time frame. Of these @15,000 cards, nearly 25% were MasterCard® cards, 64% were VISA® cards, and fewer than 5% and 6% were American Express® and Discover® cards, respectively.

I got bit more than once. Will give them some time to get their stuff organized and will probably shop with them again. Just part of shopping online. Still a lot easier than trying to find stuff locally or at multiple vendors.

Hope this doesn't ruin their business.

I do think they should move out of CA though.

Latest posts

Back