Baileys Closeout Carlton Timber Champ Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bailey's is closing out the Carlton Timber Champ Bars. You can pick up one of these laminated bars made in Tiwan for about $6.00 in 16, 18, and 20 inch lengths. Just go to www.baileysonline.com and then go to closeouts.

I don't know if they are any good, but for a few bucks, I ordered one in the Stihl 3003 pattern. It arrived today, and I will try it out.

I really don't like to promote inferior products, but I researched the Timber Champ bars, and there were no glaring negative reports.

So someone like me who has a saw that will only get used occasionally, it looks like a good deal!

Check it out!

Bob

I have one on an 026 and one on a little poulan. Good cheap bars....I have had no trouble and pretty hard to beat the price. I paid $13 for mine and was happy.

I ordered 4 of the 16" bars for the 026 I'm putting back together. At $24 total that is $10 less than one Oregon Pro-Lite, so I figured I'd give it a go with the cheapie bars.

Had one on a 024. There was so much paint in the rail the chain wouldn't even turn. Bailey's said to run it loose and burn the paint out with the chain. Worked after some time, but it always seemed to drag the chain when bar was tightened.

gg

I bought 4. Three 18" .325 for some 346's I'm working on and one 20" .325 for my personal saw. I keep reading how much better the .325 performs on this saw compared to 3/8's, so at this price I bought a bar and a loop of WP chisel to see for myself.

I have had 4 in my Bailey's basket for 2 days. I usually start a basket and then add things as I remember them. When I saw this thread last night, I panicked. I went to the computer and sent the order through ASAP. I think they only had 22 of the 18" in stock on Monday.

I got a couple of the 18" NK bar/chain combos, can't beat the price. Also got a couple of 9 pin .325 rims to try them out on my 120si/116si.

My four showed up today along with two loops of 22lpx. They are looking like a great buy for the money. I'm definetly excited to get the new piston in my 026 so I can give a better review of these bargain bars.

Not a bad deal...

but I did get a few of the Carlton branded GB Pro-Top 15 inchers when they were blowing them out for $4...

Ordered a bar for $6 - Great Deal!
Orded an Oregon chain to go with it for $14 - good price.
Shipping was $12 ! ! !

Got up to $32 total - about what I could get an Oregon bar and chain combo for at some local stores.

I also ordered some snow blower paddles and scraper blade from another catalog company, similar size package, and it was $6.99 flat fee per order. I like Bailey's and I like their product range. But I think we need to introduce them to the 'if-it-fits-it-ships' guy from the USPS.

Philbert

they still have the 18 inch 3/8 .58 bars and they are down to 3 dollars

I apparently didn't read well enough and though I got the one for my saw , well it almost fit my Jonsered 2255 any way the oil hole was in the right location , the only issue was that the chain tensioner only 3/4 hit the hole for it , figured at 3 dollars each the shipping to return would be more than 3 bars so I put it in the vice and about a minute with a saw file and the hole was elongated to fit my chain tensioner it only had to move towards the bar stud by about 1/8 of an inch .

with a fresh carlton / timberpro chisel chain it cut very well

the chain was 13 something hard to beat a bar and chain for 16 and change

so if your putting in an order any way and have one fo the saws on the list or a Jred 2255 / Husky 455 and don't mind spending a few minutes with a round file you can have a decent bar for cheap

they still have the 18 inch 3/8 .58 bars and they are down to 3 dollars

I apparently didn't read well enough and though I got the one for my saw , well it almost fit my Jonsered 2255 any way the oil hole was in the right location , the only issue was that the chain tensioner only 3/4 hit the hole for it , figured at 3 dollars each the shipping to return would be more than 3 bars so I put it in the vice and about a minute with a saw file and the hole was elongated to fit my chain tensioner it only had to move towards the bar stud by about 1/8 of an inch .

with a fresh carlton / timberpro chisel chain it cut very well

the chain was 13 something hard to beat a bar and chain for 16 and change

so if your putting in an order any way and have one fo the saws on the list or a Jred 2255 / Husky 455 and don't mind spending a few minutes with a round file you can have a decent bar for cheap

Do you know the mount?

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

It's a great price even if just used for garden markers.

I bought a few several years ago for another saw, when they came as a bar&chain combo for $12. Did not realize that this 'closeout' was still going on!

Philbert

It's a great price even if just used for garden markers.

I bought a few several years ago for another saw, when they came as a bar&chain combo for $12. Did not realize that this 'closeout' was still going on!

Philbert
I think I own 5 different GB bars from the LCS closeouts. I wish I had scooped up a few more for other saws before they sold out.

here is a link to the product so you can see what it fits I know it fit several hukly poulan and Jred saws , just not mine without the modification to the chain tensioner hole but since I had 3 and moving the hole over a bit only took a minute not a big deal for 3 dollars

http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...ger-Chainsaw-Bar-375-x-058-68-Drive-Links.axd

Ty, I saw it, but I know I'd have to mod it for a not listed poulan if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back