Baileys order QUICK!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a bit unfair to bring Gregg into it as I would say this isn't his department.

Wouldn't be easy being the meat in the sandwich.

To date I can't remember any complaints about his service.

That very well may be true. However, Gregg has always been one to step in and fix anything and everything he could. Customer service doesn't get any better than what you get from Gregg.

i haven't ordered anything lately because i haven't needed anything,, but all the orders i made (last year) i always got it in about a week. makes me not want to order anything after reading this. i think last year i spent well over 2 grand with them

Probably a bit unfair to bring Gregg into it as I would say this isn't his department.

Wouldn't be easy being the meat in the sandwich.

To date I can't remember any complaints about his service.

But Gregg is a Bailey's employee, yes? I wasn't trying to throw anyone down the stairs, especially someone as helpful as we know Gregg to be.

My point was that someone from Bailey's should know what's being said here. This is good, constructive feedback if Bailey's receives it. If no one from Bailey's sees it, it's just talk.

Suppose if you want it really quick, you need to go to your dealer.

Bet you can't find some of those deals there though.

Ordered a new bar on close-out for $6 and got it 3 days later. Could be because the warehouse is only 40 or so miles from my home. They had my new chain on back order.

I PMed Gregg and got this responce:

Re: There's a bad press thread in the chainsaw forum about slow shipping....
Originally Posted by manyhobies
Gregg

There's a bad press thread in the chainsaw forum about slow shipping.... FWIW Some very unhappy campers!

Baileys order QUICK!

Dan
Howdy Dan,
Thanks for the heads up. I really appreciate it. It's another crazy monday morning so as soon as i get my ducks in a row, I'll get a response together.
Regards
Gregg

Perfect!

I PMed Gregg and got this responce:

Re: There's a bad press thread in the chainsaw forum about slow shipping....
Originally Posted by manyhobies
Gregg

There's a bad press thread in the chainsaw forum about slow shipping.... FWIW Some very unhappy campers!

Baileys order QUICK!

Dan
Howdy Dan,
Thanks for the heads up. I really appreciate it. It's another crazy monday morning so as soon as i get my ducks in a row, I'll get a response together.
Regards
Gregg

A++, That's what I'm talking about. Get the information to those that need to know. Nice job.

Just checked my order from 24 April, at least it is now 'In Warehouse' - that's 2 1/2 weeks and no shipment. When it does ship, hopefully it will catch the first flight to Oz.

I had hoped I would be playing with the Granberg I ordered by this date.

But Gregg is a Bailey's employee, yes? I wasn't trying to throw anyone down the stairs, especially someone as helpful as we know Gregg to be.

My point was that someone from Bailey's should know what's being said here. This is good, constructive feedback if Bailey's receives it. If no one from Bailey's sees it, it's just talk.

No need to get your back up and take it personnel fella. Saying it the way I see it.

The way I see it, is Gregg has been here as a technical adviser that has taken on more than what has been originally intended. I do remember at one stage there was an employee in the Bailey's forum dealing with this side of things.

I will say this, your response reminds me that dealing with the public, some people don't care who's responsible, as long as someone pays.

This is sad to hear. I was just getting ready to order all the stuff I needed to build a couple saws, but i think I will order elsewhere. their shipping has been slowly getting worse. They backordered a part last time and didnt bother to let me know. I got the damn part 2 months later, after the customer got sick of waiting and took his saw elsewhere...

I will say this, your response reminds me that dealing with the public, some people don't care who's responsible, as long as someone pays.

Dealing with the public,,,yuck!!! I gotta do it everyday. It dam sure gets old too.

As a side note, I placed a order with baileys last night. I got a email about 15 minutes ago that said my order was being shipped today. Hummm,, guess we'll see.:msp_smile:

The correspondence part of Baileys has usually been first class. Being a non professional wood cutter leaves me with a little more latitude. I dont need anything tomorrow or the next few days for that matter. My shipping has been the same as most of you 6-8 days, i can live with it because as i said I'm a non pro and make nothing on repairs or the sale of wood. I also try to keep common parts on hand and I do. Several hundred dollars worth of stuff that i may never use real soon. But i certainly see and sympathize with your individual situations. I wont cut again till November unless a storm forces me too, so I got all summer to order and wait.

I love ordering from Baileys and there service is great.The last parts I ordered from Baileys were on 5-1-11 later in the day and they shipped today.Will see when they get here.

When trying to go big online, you advertise inventory that you do not actually have on hand. All goes well most of the time.
Some distributors will "dropship" to whoever you want for $8.95
shipping a pop. But if you order regularly, you can fudge things.
If you sell a part, and then pop it on your daily order, then it comes in "backordered", then there you go on the first delay.
If the dist. doesn't have it, then "who knows"???

They should just advertise shipping in the US at 4-7 days and Canada 2-7 weeks and just be done with it, then we can be happy when our orders show up early. For our friends overseas on those other continents...........your order get there when the next ship docks, and gets unloaded, customs etc..... geesh ..........screw it buy a new saw.

Ive had great luck with Baileys so far. Only ordered from them a few times, and have been impressed with how quick things made it from the west coast. I dont wait until Im in a bind when I order (I know sometimes it is unavoidable).
Quickest shipping that I have experienced, was from Edge and Engine. Mind you they are a bit closer, but my grinder showed up not long after I clicked the purchased button haha.

Back