Bar for hot saw needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am assembling parts for the saw I am getting ready to build, and a couplle bar items came up. The chain shop guy recommends I use a homlite version bar and set up the saw to accept them, because of their large presence and availabilty to get another, and ability to get chain. I met a pro from australia who will sell my his old bar fo rhis hot saw, since he is sponsored by GB now. The price difference is almost 10x though. from his general description it sounds like it starts about 3" tall, is about 8" tall in the middle, and tapers back down. Any advice as to which would be more appropriate? the saw will be run by a 700cc ski-doo motor. what have any of you guys with the bigger saws used? Thanks, JB

Sounds like a belly bar to me...not uncommon, Rotax's and most other big hot saws use them...Cannon Machine Works will build any bar any mount.... I do beleive that the standard Rotax bar ..30" runs about 620.00 cdn...

Is this saw single cylinder?? Sounds like a mean machine to me..post us some pics!!

saw build up

It is a twin, and I am hoping I can keep it that way. The one I saw this weekend was butchered down to a single and somehow closed back up. It was a real nice looking piece of machinery. I am eating the wheaties now in anticipation of it being a tad on the heavy side. I am also a little concerned with the slowdown on starts, but with the extra power I plan on catching up. Maybe I can just go for runnin starts!

single cyl only at all the shows we race in. two dont fly. cool paper weight though

Back