Bar Question for the Experts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max2cam

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have been told that I can use a bar with K041 motor mount on a Echo CS-510, although the Oregon book say the Echo-510 should take a D176 motor mount. Are they that close to be the same? But if so, why doesn't the book say they are interchangeable?

Also, I have a Jonsered 2050 with a K041 bar and have mounted and run it on a CS-510 and it seems to fit and oil okay. That would be GREAT because then I could use the same bar and chain for 2 different saws.

But still I'm leery because the CS-510 is supposed to mount a D176 bar. Can you experts help explain this apparant descrepency?

Maybe the mounting holes and oil channels are the same but the d176 is compatible with the echo bar tip guard? I don't know, just a thought.

Originally posted by Newfie
Maybe the mounting holes and oil channels are the same but the d176 is compatible with the echo bar tip guard? I don't know, just a thought.

Good theory and it sent me running to the Oregon book.

BUT, both K041 and D176 bars in the same series are available with or without the "Guard Mate holes. It looks like there's something else at work here....

Usually, a series of saws with the same basic model number, such as the Echo CS-510 and CS-510EVL, will use the same bar and chain fit-up. This case is different. The 510 takes Oregon's K041 bar mount with .325" pitch chain, but the 510EVL takes the D176 mount and 3/8" pitch chain. You can look these saws up at www.oregonchain.com for verification.

Don't start anything, or I will not let you have any more of my cans, and if you pass out in the dumpster again, I will let them
"recycle" you, as crushing a person as yourself, is not a crime
yet here in Ky. Yet...

Originally posted by Fish
Don't start anything, or I will not let you have any more of my cans, and if you pass out in the dumpster again, I will let them
"recycle" you, as crushing a person as yourself, is not a crime
yet here in Ky. Yet...

After ending up in that dump in Paducah, I quit dumpsters cold turkey. I prefer passing out in Volkswagens or saw shop boneyards

Latest posts

Back