Bar rail closing tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well all in all it’s been a great success. I did both sides of the bar (went too far each time but that’s ok) surprisingly it didn’t take too much effort. I set the jig height so the bearings pressed about half way up the groove of the rail.

Well all in all it’s been a great success. I did both sides of the bar (went too far each time but that’s ok) surprisingly it didn’t take too much effort. I set the jig height so the bearings pressed about half way up the groove of the rail.
So higher grade bolt got it to work?

yes :) I did it just before you recommended it but your recommendation was good haha :) thanks mate! Did you watch my video?
Didn't have time before I posted. That's why I asked and gave the suggestion. I guess we think the same?

What size were original and final threads? With those you can look up maximum torques for different materials.

We had a scientific screw press, that compressed samples of corrosive materials. The students abused that by both over torquing and never cleaning. We fabricated one out of C276 Hasteloy.

Didn't have time before I posted. That's why I asked and gave the suggestion. I guess we think the same?

What size were original and final threads? With those you can look up maximum torques for different materials.

We had a scientific screw press, that compressed samples of corrosive materials. The students abused that by both over torquing and never cleaning. We fabricated one out of C276 Hasteloy.
Great minds :) I have no idea about the original threads I’m afraid mate, I didn’t measure them!

they were fairly small!

A case of not listening in the first place when we asked what was wrong with the original parts (nothing it seems). Another example of someone who wants a quick fix and gets let down by Chinese crap. When will people realise Chinese AM parts are ****? Stop supporting it..

What happened to that tile cutting looking chisel that had a wedge tapered tip we hammer to close the bar groove?

Back