Baraboo Wisconsin old saw demonstration Badger Steam and Gas show

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep a spot open for me in the Hot Saw competition, tomorrow I find out if I have a runner or not.
View attachment 309631View attachment 309632
309631d1376623812-dsc04114-jpg
309632d1376623825-dsc04117-jpg

Last edited:
Arrived tonight Hopefully there will be some good finds at the flea market tomorrow
Bill
Ahhh don't forget I been there and back home already. Lol but I didn't see much. Only bought some fenders. Did you go up through black earth?
Meet another collector today from Colorado. Think I just might know him from AS.
Bob

Nice looking saw Chris, of course there is room for you. You're making the jump from photographer to competitor!
Scott

Paul ??? another local always brings a few very nicely restored Mall saws among his collectibles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scott always brings a nice variety including his killer 250 McCulloch and 91 Hot Saw.

attachment.php

I cut it down to an even dozen this year as I must unload in a hurry Saturday night when I get home so I can leave for Paraguay and Argentina on Sunday.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Nice pictures Mark, sure looks like a fun time too me. Definitely a nice looking amount of saws.

It's looking like this year will be one of the biggest demonstrations yet. Some nice new guys and most of the regulars. The hotsaw #s are going to be the most in many years.
Scott

Bill
Ahhh don't forget I been there and back home already. Lol but I didn't see much. Only bought some fenders. Did you go up through black earth?
Meet another collector today from Colorado. Think I just might know him from AS.
Bob

Yes I think we went through Black Earth

It's looking like this year will be one of the biggest demonstrations yet. Some nice new guys and most of the regulars. The hotsaw #s are going to be the most in many years.
Scott

Hopefully Steve makes it with his 090 and 820:msp_smile:

Excellent top notch show again this year. I shot 30 minutes of film in between running a few saws but itr will be awhile to get it posted I am sure Scott, Mark, and many otherswill be along soon with tons of video and pics.

Without a doubt some of the closest matched races ever. The hot saws were decided by 0.01 of a second :msp_ohmy::msp_ohmy: The big gear drives were tied for second and needed a run-off.

Bill

Thanks to Scott (McC) and James Shimniok for all the hard work they put into getting the grounds prepared, logs on sight, setting up the events, and keeping everyone in line!

Weather was absolutely perfect, and a large crowd stayed around through almost 2-1/2 hours of competition from two man saws, through gear drives, direct drives, hot saws, even the little saws for the first time.

It was a lot of fun to have 6 hot saws all running, the 101's really went fast as did Steve Melzers WB820, Scott was right in there with his 91 (or is it a 92) powered saw, and Art and I were wrestling for the anchor leg...

I will either have to learn how to sharpen a chain, or just use new chain out of the box as the chains I worked on all failed pretty miserably. But we are here to have fun and I think we certainly accomplished that goal.

Thanks as well to Brian Gilman (APSE from Colorado) for making the long trip, bringing your buddy Art, and for taking photos today when I was too busy playing saws to think about it.

I almost forgot, thanks to Bill G for collecting the 2-10G that I left behind...

Two man action

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Last edited:
Yes second and third place in the hotsaw really had me scratching my head for a few minutes. We use 2 timers in case one messes up, but usually get 2 close times from each timer. We averaged the 2 times of each sawyer, and the difference was .01. And the geardrive times were identical average to the hundredth so a saw off was the solution. Made both classes interesting. I'll get all the times posted tomorrow or Monday, Sunday I'm back at the show all day, then haul everything home. Thanks to everyone for getting all this old stuff running and making the trip. And Mark, someone left me a nice little geardrive McCulloch next to my display.
Scott

Latest posts

Back