barnes pump i.d.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi- I bought a used splitter at an auction. I started life as a Likety Splitter but i would like to find out how big the pump is. It is a Barnes and was made in 83 and I 'm guessing it's an 11 gpm but not sure. Can u tell by the serial number? Thanks

You can call barnes or email them direct. They were very helpful when I wanted the same info.

If the pump is a 2-stage, which is what is generally on a log splitter, you can usually go by engine size. A 11 gpm pump will go with a 5.5 -6 hp. engine. A 16 gpm pump requires a 8 hp. engine.

The attachment below has pump specs.

go to the haldex barnes website, get to the pumps, and the dimensions from front flange to the ports and rear cover will tell you the length of the gear section and thus the model and size of the pump. Almost all gear pumps are made in families with common end caps and bearings, and differeing only in the length of the gear section to have more displacement per revolution.

Latest posts

Back