Batch of Stihl questions from my Pastor.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 261cm is a metal cased saw .............and the only pro series saw you have listed also the one i would choose ........
It was the only pro saw the OP asked about. All the others, are rated as farm use.
Stihls way of saying they're midrange.
And there's nothing wrong with farm use.
A lot of tree services use MS250, MS291's etc etc.
The chipper and skid steer doesn't care when it eats or runs over a inexpensive saw or a MS500i.

It was the only pro saw the OP asked about. All the others, are rated as farm use.
Stihls way of saying they're midrange.
And there's nothing wrong with farm use.
A lot of tree services use MS250, MS291's etc etc.
The chipper and skid steer doesn't care when it eats or runs over a inexpensive saw or a MS500i.
yes that what I stated nothing....... wrong with the other saws listed however there not in the same class heavy for the power output clam shell saws ........my father is using a ms270 i bought for him 10 years ago its still going ....for the money the 261cm is hands down the best value ...unless the pastor wants to switch to the dark side and get a 550 mII or 562xp..... :surprised3:

yes that what I stated nothing....... wrong with the other saws listed however there not in the same class heavy for the power output clam shell saws ........my father is using a ms270 i bought for him 10 years ago its still going ....for the money the 261cm is hands down the best value ...unless the pastor wants to switch to the dark side and get a 550 mII or 562xp..... :surprised3:
Well I hope he has another source for heat. He wont get much firewood done with those turds.
Unless he burns them. LOL

Ok. It’s a big boar.
A 391 vs 261 Mtronic is a no brainer. 261 is lighter, stronger design and will use the same bar and chain.
Be much easier on the operator.
Occasional use, I’d get a 291. Put the saves $$$$ toward extra chains.

He likes his MS270, still runs great... it's just that old back injuries are taking their toll on him. He wants a lighter saw with metal crankcase. Just wants a new saw. Nice to buy something new once in a while.

He likes his MS270, still runs great... it's just that old back injuries are taking their toll on him. He wants a lighter saw with metal crankcase. Just wants a new saw. Nice to buy something new once in a while.

None of the saws mentioned are appreciably lighter than his MS270. Some are in fact heavier.
I've used my Dad's 036 and 026, and the 026 is lighter, but only barely. Hardly noticeable to me. I'd rather run the 036 and get the job done quicker, less suffering.
You look at the specs on these saws, and you're giving up a lot of power for only a small weight savings.

A 261c with 18 .325 would probably cut most of what he needs.
An echo cs490 would be close in power with the 270 but better constructed and alot less money

Latest posts

Back