Bee allergys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leafin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey fellas. Well yesterday I had a humbling experience. I usually end up getting nailed by bees/ wasps probably a dozen or more times a year, I've never been allergic. I got hit last Saturday by a yellow jacket in a willow and was fine, but yesterday 1 ground bee got me, and I woke up in an ambulance. The full reaction, throat closed and blood pressure dropped.

Are there any other climbers/tree guys allergic to bees? Do you guys just carry a pen and hope for the best? Or actually, anyone know of anybody that's just developed an allergy like this?

Stay safe

I've been stung numerous time over the years with no harsh side effects. Two years ago I got lit up by some bald face hornets. My body was covered in hives and I felt like sh*t. Since then, I always carry a pen with me. Dying from a bee sting seems like a stupid way to die.

I stepped on an underground nest last year, got hit probably 25 times, it sent me to the ER. I wasn't as bad off as you were but it was getting tough to breath. I always keep Benadryl handy and an Epi-pen as well now. Glad your ok...and Im with Zale, what a bull **** way to die!

Same thing happened to me...always been bit year after year. One year got bit several times on my hand and started swelling up. Wife brought me to the emergency room. I don't carry my pen but after reading this and others I think I should start.

Back