Been bad this year.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have access to 70 acres of hardwoods but still buy a log truck. I much rather pay for the convienence with three kids active in sports it is much easier to just go out and cut at my leisure and after factoring in gas and time spent traveling not to mention wear and tear on my truck.

Man I was getting desperate to the point of possibly spending cash for wood ( heresy for a scrounger). This is just replacement for 3 year rotation, still just doesn't seem right if I am not css for 2 years down the road. ( grasshopper vs ant ) Got hooked up with a tree service- problem solved. 10 cords css over the last 6 weeks got another 2 cords to ss yet (already bucked up, Honey Locust). 6 cords various Maples, 3 cords Ash,1 cord mixed Elm -Mulberry- Paper Birch.

Man I was getting desperate to the point of possibly spending cash for wood ( heresy for a scrounger). This is just replacement for 3 year rotation, still just doesn't seem right if I am not css for 2 years down the road. ( grasshopper vs ant ) Got hooked up with a tree service- problem solved. 10 cords css over the last 6 weeks got another 2 cords to ss yet (already bucked up, Honey Locust). 6 cords various Maples, 3 cords Ash,1 cord mixed Elm -Mulberry- Paper Birch.

You guys who get the tree service scrounge dumped seems the easiest and cheapest, albeit screwy lengths and a lot of oddball wood to deal with.

You guys who get the tree service scrounge dumped seems the easiest and cheapest, albeit screwy lengths and a lot of oddball wood to deal with.
well sometimes there are. For the most part not much different than any other freebie. Big thing is no matter how big or long it is , its right at my processing spot at my my shop or on the drive at home, so no problem time or weather wise to get bucked up.

Back