beginner climbing kit??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katera94

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
whats up? im kinda new to this site and get on and look around a bit every night and have been posting some questions... so heres my story.. 2 weeks ago I knew BASICALLY nothing about cutting trees.. I have cut fire wood for a while and love doing it, ive also dropped more than a few trees buy never in any sketchy spots... so I kinda have this plan to start my own business in tree cutting, I plan on just starting with easy trees I can get and learn what I can and move up in complexity from there... but im question right now is I want to start practicing climbing, and know really nothing about it except for a few youtube videos I watched, so whats a good kit to get?

whats up? im kinda new to this site and get on and look around a bit every night and have been posting some questions... so heres my story.. 2 weeks ago I knew BASICALLY nothing about cutting trees.. I have cut fire wood for a while and love doing it, ive also dropped more than a few trees buy never in any sketchy spots... so I kinda have this plan to start my own business in tree cutting, I plan on just starting with easy trees I can get and learn what I can and move up in complexity from there... but im question right now is I want to start practicing climbing, and know really nothing about it except for a few youtube videos I watched, so whats a good kit to get?

Hey katera94, My name is Mark welcome to TH! If I were you I would try to get a job with a reputable tree service that is willing to train you. If you just started this there is so so much to learn. Another idea would be to see if you can hook up with a local tree climber, arborist, Also check out the thread "Tips for Beginner's" There is so much to learn!

Hey katera94, My name is Mark welcome to TH! If I were you I would try to get a job with a reputable tree service that is willing to train you. If you just started this there is so so much to learn. Another idea would be to see if you can hook up with a local tree climber, arborist, Also check out the thread "Tips for Beginner's" There is so much to learn!

Absolutely second this!! :msp_thumbup: and WELCOME! I started green when I was 19 and I am still learning at 48. I have seen somewhat experienced (3 years, decent number of trees) guys make bad mistakes, because no one ever showed them the right way or something they hadn't run into before. The right mentors can make you.
We are contending around here with the "GM plant lay offers", that closed a few years back, and have guys from GM charging cheap, while climbing extension ladders with Kmart Poulans. You get what you pay for folks???

Back