Best all around, do-all fuel mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wat is aspen alky fuel? my fav is 50% 93 50% avgas(I think lead is good) and mobil syn but avgas and mobil syn is not easy for me to get.

Last edited:
Now that we have that settled what kind of food to feed the cat and dog that won't harm them? And what is the ratio of the mix? I go about 1/4 cup milk to 1 cup of dog chow or 1:4 in chainsaw language.

that would be much funnier if it was posted by an accountant or someone else who only plays with saws for recreation! :hmm3grin2orange:
-Ralph

Now that we have that settled what kind of food to feed the cat and dog that won't harm them? And what is the ratio of the mix? I go about 1/4 cup milk to 1 cup of dog chow or 1:4 in chainsaw language.

If you have Vizslas and feed them milk............... I'll give them a nice home where they don't have loose bowels.

24-1 for fun.

:deadhorse:

Fred

Right now I am using Husky XP in everything and only make one gal. at a time, keeping it fresh. If I am lucky I may soon acquire a nice stihl assortment from the sister in laws divorce sale, been living here for months (FS250R, as new maybe?), and then I can go Ultra on everything, at 48.7:1

JD says...1/4 can presidents choice, 5 milk bones and 1 cup old roy's dry....

And then cross your fingers with all the garbage that they are putting in it!:monkey:

Guess some of you are tired of hearing about the Aspen Alky fuel, premixed with synth oil (50:1) - but that is it.

Can be stored for years.

Works fine with older saws, speced for more oil also.

Btw, I guess Dolmar sells Aspen also, not just the Husky owned brands, as it is mentioned by name in the 5100 owners manual......
:chainsawguy:

Last edited:
i've been reading like mad the last coulpe of days, new to the site and new to two stroke's

i read somewhere in here about a test that was done to see the out come of different ratio's ie. 50-1 100-1 etc.

the test was on a 125 suzuki motor at 10,000rpm. same engine each time and same rpm. turned out the more conentrated the mix the more power the engine made. down to 16-1 i think it ran abit cooler to

any thoughts???

also my bike mates swear by motul oil... anyone using this?

serg

twice the amount of 50:1 to do the same as 100:1 its just more concentrated!!!!

WOW Must be the new math they teach now days! Something about 2 or 1/2 just confuses me to no end!:dizzy:

The test to which you refer is from A. Graham Bell's Two-Stroke Performance Tuning, which was first published in 1983. There's an AS thread mentioning it here - mix ratios come into the discussion in post 12.

I'm far from a 2-cycle expert, but here are a couple thoughts:
1. Are current 2-cycle oils better than they were in 1983?
2. A 125cc Suzuki engine is probably quite a bit different than a 50cc chainsaw engine. As far as lubrication is concerned, the bearing size and speed may be quite different.
3. kdhotsaw may be correct in his suspicion that 2-cycle engine manufacturers are spec'ing less and less oil to make the EPA happy. However, the MFRs also don't want to decrease the life of their chainsaws, so maybe the leaner mix ratios are OK... but possibly not optimal for max power output.

Latest posts

Back