"Best" Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Now, no kidding aside. You all know I'm not much of a Husky fan, not because of the product but, because of their rabid fans. I believe the 2100 and their ilk are some of the best saws ever made. Light for their displacement, quick and with power aplomb. I have 2 and hope to own more. One was gone over by Big Dave, suffice it to say, it's unbelievable. The question is: Is it the saw or it's modifier?

Your are right there. Those 2100 are real strong, very well made and i've heard how great to mod they are. Thats why they are so popular with racers I guess. As long as ya don't do something real dumb those bottom ends are bulletproof too. They are definately THE bargain for a 100cc saw right now. When i've run my 2100 head to head with my buddys early 066mag square top dual port with 32" bars and 3/8 round chisel on both, the husky feels stronger and usually is quicker in the cut especially in the larger hardwoods.

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Your are right there. Those 2100 are real strong, very well made and i've heard how great to mod they are. Thats why they are so popular with racers I guess. As long as ya don't do something real dumb those bottom ends are bulletproof too. They are definately THE bargain for a 100cc saw right now. When i've run my 2100 head to head with my buddys early 066mag square top dual port with 32" bars and 3/8 round chisel on both, the husky feels stronger and usually is quicker in the cut especially in the larger hardwoods.

While I'm quite a Stihl fan and also own several 066/660's, of course not as many as Ultra but, of all vintages too boot. IMHO, the 2100 is the stronger of the two. At least with the samples I own. However, they do have a CC advantage, albeit small, most definitely it plays into the equation. And while the 2100 may have the edge in power, it lacks in other areas compared to the 066/660. Especially if you were running one all day.

payj

ArboristSite Lurker
I dont know a darn thing about this stuff but a thought crossed my mind. What if you bought the 880 and put a smaller bar on it? Wouldnt you have the most powerful saw in a decent size? Or would it be too heavy never seen held one in person to know.:greenchainsaw:

Nitroman

Nitroman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I dont know a darn thing about this stuff but a thought crossed my mind. What if you bought the 880 and put a smaller bar on it? Wouldnt you have the most powerful saw in a decent size? Or would it be too heavy never seen held one in person to know.:greenchainsaw:

While this is an excellent idea, imagine having to limb a pine or spruce with hundreds of little branches coming off the trunk. Sure, you could walk up the trunk and the limbs would fly, but for how long? This is where a nice lightweight saw comes into its own.

TommySaw

TommySaw

ArboristSite Guru
In stock form I'd still say my 372xp, but of the saws I've run I think you need to break into The Westspartan's shed and steal his 441:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

mile9socounty

mile9socounty

Two-Stroke Swope
One that work really well. That I don't have to work on all the time. Starts on the 2-3 pull. There are a hundred threads out there of "Whats your favorite saw." "Whats the best saw?" "What should I get?" Use the damn search button and quit racking up the posting count.... :givebeer::popcorn:

Latest posts