best climbing saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I resisted getting a 200T for a long time, but I picked one up in trade about 6 months ago. This saw ROCKS!!! I can't believe I went so long without one, Doh! :blob2: There is no comparison to any other climbing saw.

:bowdown: 200T

ms 200 is fast

This 'daily' maintenance of Stihl saws is unheard of in my fleet. I have not taken any one of four in my basement to the shop for any reason, ever...they have all run great for years. I occasionally install new plugs, blow the air filter out every couple of times out and always maintain a sharp chain. I simply don't have chainsaw problems but can instead focus on my work. Of course any brand of saw can fail eventually, especially without proper handling and maintenance but coming from a Stihl owner for almost four years now I personally have had no problems. I know many of you have many more years on them than this.

As for the ergonomics and such I don't have much to compare to because I've never held a husky in my hands before but I will agree the 200T is a bit boxy...softer corners would help it to 'snake' through branches easier prolly. That steel ring on the back to clip it in seems rather thin, anyone ever have one of those break? Also, my hands are so close together sometimes I feel like I may scarcely have the leverage to stop a kickback so I stick close to my chainbrake and avoid kickback at all costs! The rpms are obviously outstanding for it's size and I think the sound is quite wicked, especially with the muffler screen out!

Just one opinion on Stihl and it's MS 200T.

Can't Beat The 200T, Tough As Nails!

I purchased my MS 200T:bowdown: three years ago and have been delighted. My only problem was the breather on top of the tank, it leaked gas because it was some type of breatheable foam,and the vent would not hold up to the gas, but they came out with a new rubber one and have had not problems. I never have a problem with tunning or air filter clog. It has fallen out of my bucket and trees multiple times and still runs great. Last Thursday I had a problem with it wanting to stay running, some times the idle was high other times not at all. Upon further review I found the fuel line from the tank to the carb was cracked in multiple places and leaking fuel, my dealer had a new one for me in a day. Just can't say enough about how dependable they have been for me. There worth every penny. I currently own and use the following Stihl products.:heart:
1 MS 200 T
2 MS 180
2 MS 260
1 MS 361
1 MS 660
1 HT 75 Pole Saw
1 FS 85 Weed trimmer
1 HS 80 Hedge Trimmer
1 HL 100 Hedge Tirimmer
1 BT 45 Wood Boring Drill

Climbing saw? Has to be my Silky Zubat for most of the work :)

I don't do a lot of removals...mostly pruning. Even so, I don't drag the noisemaker around with me very much.

The bigger stuff goes down with a 335.

I'm with Tom :D

silky for most trimming, 335 for larger cuts.
my muffer modded 335 is powerful and dependable..

Back