Best gloves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckylobo

Reaction score
I have owned some gloves that are designed for chainsaw use... you know, with the anti-vibration and warmth claims. I go through gloves almost every two weeks. They don't wear out from using a chainsaw, they wear out from handling the wood, bark, branches and such. Do any of you have any opinions on some great gloves that are plenty comfortable for sawing, but will stand up to all the other "out in the woods" abuses. I cut most all my wood in the Fall, so warmth is not my first concern... toughness of the glove is. Thanks!

Tom

These gloves are hands down the best saw and wood and cable skidding gloves that I have used............... even with "flippy caps", lol.

There is a thread on here somewhere that has them cheaper than at Shubee's and it was by a pretty good amount.

This will outlast leather gloves and provide an amazing grip on wood and other rough items. I loved them for when I was cable skidding and had to grab that cable all day.

Hulkster Anti-Vibration Gloves

My opinion,

Sam

Bailey's and Madsen's both have their own brand of cotton rigging gloves for around 3 bucks in quantity. They need and hour to break in but they last very well. I also wear Bailey's blue latex dipped gloves for climbing etc. but they start falling apart quickly if used on rough bark.

Cotton is where it is at when it comes to cable and keeping the jaggers out of your paws. Cotton is a tad slippery on saws when new though. That's okay, the pain induced by the starter handle being ripped from your fingers before you even have the sleep out of your eyes will wake you up enough to have sufficient grip. .

I like the cheap O sock like fallers gloves, they fit, well, like a sock and have enough protection to handle a cable every now & then. That will get them greasy, then they will get dirty, and the grip problem is solved. They are dangerous around open flames though, I almost melted one right onto my hand trying to defrost. .

These gloves are hands down the best saw and wood and cable skidding gloves that I have used............... even with "flippy caps", lol.

There is a thread on here somewhere that has them cheaper than at Shubee's and it was by a pretty good amount.

This will outlast leather gloves and provide an amazing grip on wood and other rough items. I loved them for when I was cable skidding and had to grab that cable all day.

Hulkster Anti-Vibration Gloves

My opinion,

Sam

Sorry Slamm but those have to be the ugliest gloves I have ever seen.

I like the (partial) leather anti vibe gloves from HF. I wash them a couple times to get the excess leather stain out, then I use a combination of wd40 and bar oil to protect and soften up the leather and repeat when it looks dry again. They have a narrow and wide velcro bands on the back and they come in 2-3 different sizes. They last me for a fairly long time and are about $12-15.

I have really come to like the knit cotton gloves that are dipped in rubber/latex on the palms and fingers. They can be had for $3-5 a pair and last a good long time. They are great in the winter because they don't immediately get wet when picking up a piece of snow covered wood. You can grip wet wood more easily and the thicker rubber ones do a fair job at isolating saw vibrations.

21SzsHWYLzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The best gloves Ive used are atlas re-grip gloves. I get them by the dozen from madsens for about 4 bucks a pair. I just got done gold dredging for a month and moved alot of rocks and never wore through the fingers in a month. Very good glove !

i just buy 12 pack of fallers gloves from the local glove factory. cheap, about 10 bucks a dozen. good antivibe, washable ,breath good . just what i buy and most around here do. just my two.:smile2:

I use fallers type gloves from H-F for felling. And HF double leather gloves for loading and stacking. The H-F double leather gloves last pretty long time with a mixture of pine sap and B&C oil coating them! Just keep them away from fire!!!

During really hot weather, I use H-F cotton with rubber dot gloves for felling and loading. Being double sided, they can last a few weeks.

My .02

Mike

White Ox gloves, shaboom
also Wells LaMont Handy Andy gloves are great, they look creepy at first because they're pretty fluffy and bright yellow so you look like some freak but after a couple trips out they get the right look and feel

Last edited:
I prefer Kinco gloves, several styles. I buy these off Ebay or at the local feedstore/elevator.

Last edited:
Atlas Thermafit. Not to spendy. Insulalation helps with the vibe and they do seem to hold up well.

I just got some of the Dolmar gloves from my local dealer and have to say that they are excellent gloves for running a saw. Very comfortable and dextrous. They aren't for cold weather use, but for 3 season, they are gonna be my 'go to' I think.

Back