Best Jonsered of all time?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best JRed of all time?

• 70E

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • 49SP

Votes: 5 4.1%

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • 52/52E

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 90/910/920/930

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • 801/820/830

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 111S

Votes: 14 11.6%

Votes: 9 7.4%

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 28 23.1%

• Total voters
Plant, I would gladly help you but those old jonsereds are not easy to find, even in Belgium. If you really want to build a collection, I suggest you get in touch with George Blake (Motorsag) or Magnus in Sweden (Mange), they have a huge collection of jonsered saws (and others) and are certainly willing to trade or help you. Building a collection (even small) takes time and effort...:cheers:

Don't forget money!!!! Money always helps!!!!!!

The Raket XF sure is one of the cooler looking Jonsereds, and probably the most handsome saw ever made, but the 111 will beat it badly.......:greenchainsaw:

I fell literally in love with the XF the moment I saw a first pic of it. I traded a 111S for mine ... It has the classic look of a nice amercian car, a true beauty queen :love1: .

attachment.php

The XF is a tough baby to start though. No decomp and it likes to kick back like a mule.
Although this one is also 110 cc, and as Sawtroll indicated, this saw is no competition at all for the 111.

Last edited:
That is my limiting factor right now. Oh how it will be wonderful to have a "real" job someday.

They're not all they are cracked up to be. I am trying to figure out how to convince my boss that going to the forestry expo next Friday is worth while for the timberframe design business. Things are slow right now and getting out of the office on a Friday is always good, not to mention getting paid to go to the show.

Plant, I would gladly help you but those old jonsereds are not easy to find, even in Belgium. If you really want to build a collection, I suggest you get in touch with George Blake (Motorsag) or Magnus in Sweden (Mange), they have a huge collection of jonsered saws (and others) and are certainly willing to trade or help you. Building a collection (even small) takes time and effort...:cheers:

My goal, by the time I die, is to have every model of JRed ever made. This is the only goal that I will be upset if I don't obtain. Forget having a family and a good job, as long as I have all my red and black (sometimes silver or blue or green) beauties.

That is a nice XF by the way. Is that a manual oiler above the trigger?

They're not all they are cracked up to be. I am trying to figure out how to convince my boss that going to the forestry expo next Friday is worth while for the timberframe design business. Things are slow right now and getting out of the office on a Friday is always good, not to mention getting paid to go to the show.

Where is this forestry expo? Can anyone go?

Is it hard to get to I-87 from there? I might head for home a couple weeks early if I can. Is it worth the 300 mile trip?

I don't know where I-87 is. It is not far off of I-89, south of Burlington. As far as being worth it, I have never been so i don't know. They have pictures of the show in '06, so that might give you an idea. Do a search for northeastern forestry expo.

I don't know where I-87 is. It is not far off of I-89, south of Burlington. As far as being worth it, I have never been so i don't know. They have pictures of the show in '06, so that might give you an idea. Do a search for northeastern forestry expo.

Sweet! It looks like fun. I am going to see if I can make it.

jonsered XF

hey plant biologist heres some photos of my xf that i had to pay $100 for runs so sweet im into stihls normally 090/and lightnings but this one took my fancy lol i can pick up a 111 super for $175 in about the same condition are they as good as they say / worth collecting ? regards steve :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy:

Back