Best Mini Skid Steer for tree work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The phone is exactly ringing off the hook right now with tree work coming in.
Ooops -typo. should read ISN'T, lol.

Call this guy. He sells mini skids and attachments out of both MN and Ontario. If he doesn't have something himself, he can probably get you something. Worth a call...

Ph: (807) 475-5601 or (807) 626-3542 Email. [email protected]

All units sold in the USA will be shipped from Mpls., MN

All units sold in Canada will be shipped from Thunder Bay, ON

Machine shops up this way want $75.00/hr labour + materials. May just fab my own, but cutting out the two arms is gonna take some doing. The one place I went to said they would do up a CAD drawing to come up with an estimate for around $35.00. He calls this morning and says their build will come out as $1050. When I told him to forget it, he said I owe them $100.00 for the plans. (which don't even have measurements listed on them). It gets really irritating, quickly. The phone is exactly ringing off the hook right now with tree work coming in.
Toro dealer also called back this morning - has a used (repo) 22521 grapple - wants $2500. (+taxes) vs $2960 for a new one.

Sounds like a good reason to buy a plasma cutter to me. Been looking for a reason to buy one myself but those kind of projects are far and few lately..

I received a deposit on the sk500 and grapple so, as long as final payment is made, it is sold.

Sk650 and trencher, broom, bucket and auger attachments are still for sale. $19k for package. Scott 605-228-9350.

sk500 mini skid may still be available. Won't go into detail but has to do with buyer's financing. If anyone is still interested, let me know and, if it does go back on the market, I will let you know. scott - arbor pro 605-228-9350

I'm interested. But not sure I'd want to finance it. I'm starting a large muni contact next week and I'll be calling you when we finish it if it is still on the market. I'm also selling a '95 suburban with a 6.5 and when it sells I'm good to go that way too. :msp_thumbup:

Send me more info and pics of suburban. [email protected].....

Send me more info and pics of suburban. [email protected].....

Will do, I've got some bids and errands to do this afternoon. It needs an injector pump replaced, but otherwise is in good shape. I'll get you some pics and mileage this afternoon evening. thanks for the interest, perhaps we can work something out. I almost hate to part with it, but we have a trail blazer for little troop hauling that mamabear likes better.

here is a link to arbor pros clasified here on AS

http://www.arboristsite.com/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=1867

wish it were in texas,
Paul

Buyer of the sk500 failed to make another deposit yesterday as he said he would and I can't get ahold of him today to find out why not so the machine is back up for sale. Unfortunate for both him and me but that's how it goes I guess.

$7000 with bucket and grapple rake.

I could ship this to texas for $750, Paul.

Buyer of the sk500 failed to make another deposit yesterday as he said he would and I can't get ahold of him today to find out why not so the machine is back up for sale. Unfortunate for both him and me but that's how it goes I guess.

Have you got a pic of the grapple? What would you need to hold it? And for how long? I'm looking at a 10 Ash removal contract with the city that should easily be accomplished in a couple of weeks from the 13th council meeting coming up, figuring in some weather delays. You can email me if you'd rather, I'm interested.

Have you got a pic of the grapple? What would you need to hold it? And for how long? I'm looking at a 10 Ash removal contract with the city that should easily be accomplished in a couple of weeks from the 13th council meeting coming up, figuring in some weather delays. You can email me if you'd rather, I'm interested.

View attachment 222616View attachment 222617

I would gladly take $500 down if you could pay the balance within a week. I just don't want to end up back at square one a week later having to list it again.

Could you put it on a credit card or get a short term loan that you could pay off within a month? Send me a pm or email or call me and we can discuss it further.

scott
605-228-9350

View attachment 222616View attachment 222617

I would gladly take $500 down if you could pay the balance within a week. I just don't want to end up back at square one a week later having to list it again.

Could you put it on a credit card or get a short term loan that you could pay off within a month? Send me a pm or email or call me and we can discuss it further.

scott
605-228-9350

I completely understand, that sounds fair enough. I'll do some checking/thinking and get back with you on it. Thanks man.

I completely understand, that sounds fair enough. I'll do some checking/thinking and get back with you on it. Thanks man.

It's on hold again until next tuesday. he made the deposit. I'll keep you informed on status. Sorry about the run around...

Thanks, Sorry I havent been on here been tired, think I am selling out later this spring and will look at newr stuff next all when I get back from Colorado,
Paul,

sk650

FYI- if anyone on AS has been watching my sk650 that is for sale, it WILL sell by 4pm CT today! I am reviewing offers I have received and, while none meet the magic number or conditions (ie - already have financing for it), I am going to take the best offer on the table. The magic number is $13,500 for the sk650 with bucket or $17k with trencher and auger w/3 bits included. Bits are 12,1 18 and 30". The magic condition is you already have the money or at least the credit to buy it and are willing to make a deposit today via paypal to hold it until you send the remaining funds at least by the end of february.

If you are interested, call me now. don't email or respond here. I'm going out to work in my shop. scott 605-228-9350.

This thing has only 455 hours and is as close to a new $21,000 machine (tax and del. included) as you'll ever find. And, yes, I will ship it. about $1000-1200 to east coast, $1300 to west coast and less if you're closer to SD.

thanks.

s450tx?

I noticed while trying to follow the availability (and trials) of the Vermeer s650tx that they announced a s450tx very recently...
Any compelling data available? It seems to be slightly less capable than the s650tx but keeping 4 pumps and apparently the same engine.
Anybody in the know?
thanks in advance

Ramrod

I just purchased some equipment in Florida including two stump grinders, a ramrod 1150t mini skid and some attachments. I really only want to keep one of the stump grinders so will be selling the ramrod and attachments as well as the vermeer 252 stump grinder.

2006 Ramrod 1150T Taskmaster Mini Skid (purchased new in 2007). Single-owner landscaping machine. Broken hour meter - estimated around 2000hrs by previous owner. 22hp Kubota diesel starts/runs good with no smoke. Tracks at about 60%. Updated steel rollers. Overall good operating condition with all the usual little dings and scratches from normal use. Will come with 42" bucket.

Ramrod BH-78 Backhoe (purchased new in 2007 with Ramrod). Excellent condition - super clean. Has joystick controls, outriggers.
Toro Auger Head with 6, 12 and 30" bits
Forks, Leveler/carry-all

I'm looking at $12,500 for the mini skid and attachments once I get them back to SD. $7500 for ramrod with bucket AND forks. I just sold my dw sk500 that had a gas engine with 1400 hours. I had a ton of calls on that machine and, while I sold it for $6k, it really was worth $6500. The ramrod has similar hours but is a diesel and newer plus comes with forks so should be worth $7500. The backhoe is like new so easily worth $400 and the auger with bits worth $2k. That all adds up to $13,500 so you can save a grand by buying everything as a package. If you live on east coast or between FL and SD and buy before I ship to SD, I can probably deliver to you for little or no fee but would need to make the deal within the next few days before everything ships.

I have a copy of the original purchase invoice for the ramrod and backhoe attachment. NOT including the auger, forks and leveler, just those two cost $30,684.

2004 Vermeer 252 stump grinder with 1012 hours. 25hp Kohler command. 2-wheel Hydraulic steer, duals, yellowjacket teeth. Good bearings and clutch. Looks and runs good. Vermeer 30HD trailer available with it. $7700 with trailer included.

Latest posts

Back