Best pricing on a husqvarna 555 or 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once drove 2000km to buy 2 bikes (one way).

50 miles for a chainsaw..... I’m already there.ha!

That saw you bought will be like lightning compared to the Rancher.

Be careful out there!
I'm with you, drove over two hours a few weeks ago for a saw:cheers:.
This does cut down on the average cut time a but thought :laugh:. Hopefully it makes the cutting more pleasant and the cost per cut a lot less :D.

I need to get a bunch for my place, need a fence between the house and the road, do you have any spruce.

Yep....I ordered 600 Norway spruce plugs (seedlings) as I am doing the same. Norway's are the best for a road screen as they keep their lower limbs and are very deer resistant. Planted in 3 rows at 10x10 or 12x12 foot spacing you will have an impenetrable screen from trespassers and people looking from the road.

They do get big though....so not sure how big of an area you are looking to fill.

Yep....I ordered 600 Norway spruce plugs (seedlings) as I am doing the same. Norway's are the best for a road screen as they keep their lower limbs and are very deer resistant. Planted in 3 rows at 10x10 or 12x12 foot spacing you will have an impenetrable screen from trespassers and people looking from the road.

They do get big though....so not sure how big of an area you are looking to fill.
I planned on doing a zigzag pattern keeping them 10' apart, I figured if I loose a tree from damage down the road(like from a larger tree falling on them) there will still be enough cover, it will also allow me to cut down one side of the zig zag when the trees get larger so the trees will be more like 15' between them which seems to be nice spread when they are larger.
These are my thoughts that have been confirmed by a few guys, but I'm open to hearing other ideas, just concerned with needle cast in the future as they will be in a wooded lot and not out in the open so there will be very little airflow.
I'm not looking to keep everyone from seeing everything, just a bit more of a screen since I've taken most if the underbrush out and removed a bunch of trees from the area for a future pole building so I'd like to restore a bit of the privacy.

Yeah, for some reason I though my dealer had a 2260 left. They've only got a 2166 and 2172 left. So we struck out for Mich4x4 on that. I gotta stop down there in a little while to see if they'd be willing to ship the 2172 to ACDad.

Congrats on the new 562xp Mich, great saw, you'll love it!

NYH1.

I tried to find a red one. Called several dealers. They are gone as far as I am concerned. Could have drove 50 miles down the road to Sarina, ON Canada....might have had better luck
I like the orange one better, you did good!

My better local dealer is 50 miles away and have no problem driving over there. But usually just call Spike60 when I need anything Husky.

Back