Best pricing on a husqvarna 555 or 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mich4x4

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new saw real soon. Considering the 555 or 562xp. Coming from a 455 rancher so I am looking for a step up in power and something that is going to last me many years. Rancher did well but I would like to upgrade.

I am a property owner and casual user. I will be limbing trees, felling 20in timber, and making firewood.

Friend has a 555 with 3 tanks of fuel through it that he will sell for 500.00. I believe it is a very early auto tune (2011) model that was a display for an out of state dealer (friend bought it online for 550.00). He bought it two years ago and barely used it.

I may want to go new if I can find a dealer with good pricing. Local dealer quoted me $640.00 OTD for a 555 w 20inch bar. That seemed a bit high to me.

Suggestions?
Long time lurker, infrequent poster.

Thanks guys.

It has to be bought from a servicing dealer to get the rebate.It’s a mail in rebate. I got one on my 562. I made out pretty good

Interesting. Maybe I will call some local places around here. The 640.00 quote I got was from a very, very small dealer. I am in southeast MI in Lapeer county.

Just picked up a Jonsered 2258 (555) for $530 plus tax. It was the last one my dealer had. All their Jonsered saws are priced to move, only two left now. The only Jonsered products they sold were saws so they're done after their remaining saws are gone.

You might want to see if you can find a dealer in your area doing the same thing.

Good luck, NYH1.

Ok.. I am going to buy one of two saw in the subject line today or tomorrow. Best quote I got with shipping, the two are only $50.00 difference. Would I be stupid to buy a 555 over a 562xp with such little difference in price? I was pretty set on the 555 as I thought the 562xp would be 100-150 more.. Thoughts?

Ok.. I am going to buy one of two saw in the subject line today or tomorrow. Best quote I got with shipping, the two are only $50.00 difference. Would I be stupid to buy a 555 over a 562xp with such little difference in price? I was pretty set on the 555 as I thought the 562xp would be 100-150 more.. Thoughts?
I would pick a 562. Large mount bars can be used on my 372 or 390. Rev-boost. More hp for few ounces of added weight. But I am bias, because I own a 562. XP series.

For firewood purposes you'll never know the difference. The 555 uses the small K095 bar mount like your 455 and is a little smaller and lighter than than the 562. The 562 uses the large D009 mount bars like the bigger saws.

I say use the $50 extra for something else and go with the 555.

If it'll drive you crazy knowing you didn't get the top of the line the get the 562[emoji1]

I am having a real hard time deciding. I wish it were harder and the saws were 100.00 difference. So large mount vs small mount bar. Any advantages or disadvantages to either other than fitment. I assume most 20inch or less bars are small mount and most 24 or more are large? Yes? If I buy either one of these saws they will never wear a bar less than 20 inches. So unless there are disadvantages to the large mount, I may consider the 562xp for $50.00 more. If I need a shorter bar, I will probably just run my 455 with one.

Latest posts

Back