Best pricing on a husqvarna 555 or 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, it’s always been since the beginning of time that the hottest little huskies are just a little hotter than the hottest little Stihls, but they tend to fall flat on their face when they lose 1 rpm. Or maybe 2 rpms.

It’s a thing. A philosophy of tuning thing is all.

Good throttle control and timing required. Since I don’t have that, I’m better off with slightly less. Just ever-so-slightly less.

So I have a Stihl and a couple of Dolmars.

My “Huskies” are actually “Jonsereds” that are actually Partners.

Ha!

I need a Husky.

Ok, it’s always been since the beginning of time that the hottest little huskies are just a little hotter than the hottest little Stihls, but they tend to fall flat on their face when they lose 1 rpm. Or maybe 2 rpms.

It’s a thing. A philosophy of tuning thing is all.

Good throttle control and timing required. Since I don’t have that, I’m better off with slightly less. Just ever-so-slightly less.
This is exactly my point, and the xp lites are just that, slightly less in the area of high end power, but that's not all there is.
The reality is that the OP will probably cut no more wood a year than he is now for firewood and that the 455 would do a fine job of that, and the 455 will probably cut faster with the bar buried than the 550, wonder why that is when it has less hp. Am I saying he shouldn't upgrade heck no I think we should all upgrade if we can, I'm much more likely to run a piece of equipment thats high end and quality built than I am a lower end one. I don't like to mow, but I really like driving an Exmark lazer z with a 60" deck around, now that's a real rime saver as far as how long it takes to do the grass and it takes less fuel to do the same job too :happy:.

I am getting so confused..

Again.

But that’s why I bought my Echo. Brrrrr

It should be a really nice, standing still, bucking saw. Yawn.
If you run a 555 and a 562 side by side cutting firewood you would understand.
I like the performance saws, but they are typically unforgiving in the cut, this is all brands of small saws(at least that I've run in stock form) and the reason we buy larger saws, or why would we. Small chains do help to alleviate this as do shorter bars.
In my mind a one saw plan would be a 60cc saw with a 20" bar(for the wood we have here and my personal taste), that being said I'm in no way promoting a one saw plan.
@Mich4x4 if you would like to run any saws you are more than welcome to come over and run anything I have, maybe @Duce and a few if the others could swing by and we could have a mini gtg.

Hey @jerhurt what's you take on those jred lites, is that a 2152 and a 2166 in your avatar.

I also forgot to mention when I’m going to the Sugarbush cutting trees off of lines I’m going up and down the hills I always take the 2152 with me it’s light enough and powerful enough when I got to do a lot of walking and a little cutting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a 2172 and I really like them both. Get rid of the cat muffler and retune the 2152 and it’s a good reliable saw.

The 2152 is one of my favorites for sure, I've had one or two of this family as well.
I used to run the 2152/353 with an 18" x .325 in hardwood up to 8-12 and then switch to a larger saw as I had that option, if i didn't I'd run the 18 buried as it will do just fine there although I would want a bigger saw if I was cutting that size wood all day long.
The 2172 is a great saw.

The 2152 is one of my favorites for sure, I've had one or two of this family as well.
I used to run the 2152/353 with an 18" x .325 in hardwood up to 8-12 and then switch to a larger saw as I had that option, if i didn't I'd run the 18 buried as it will do just fine there although I would want a bigger saw if I was cutting that size wood all day long.
The 2172 is a great saw.

That’s exactly what I do with the same b&c set up

Well did you buy a saw :sweet:.

Not yet....I know where I am going to buy it, but still on the fence about which to choose.

Starting to look at the Jonsered as well. Further complicating my decision.

Thanks for the offers to try out these saws. I appreciate it. I have a 2.5 year old and 7 month old at home and they keep me busy. Plus, I don't just cut down trees, I plant them. In the next week I am taking delivery of 600 spuce seedlings, 15 fruit trees, and 30 other crab apple, chestnut, oak etc. Due to the deer population in my area, I have to cage all the fruit trees and other varieties. Lots of work!. So much that I am taking a week off of my job just to get this done.

I plan on ordering a saw on monday. I will let you guys know what I get.

Thanks!

Back