Best pricing on a husqvarna 555 or 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you buy good saws, take care of them, and use them “recreationally”, then you won’t need parts. Good saws last a very, very, very long time when used sparingly. They are built to last at least 1000 hard hours with no major work whatsoever. Rain or shine or cold or hot. Stashed in the woods, beating around in the back of a pickup or on a quad. Being drug through the mud and the blood and the beer. Camp gas, cheap mix oil, etc, etc, etc.

Most of us don’t work a saw in 20 years what a professional saw hand does in a few months.

Oh, and these days the Jonny’s are just better looking Husky’s for the most part.

If you look up red max I believe they are rebadged jonsereds which is for the most part is a different color husky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am trying to find out why Jonsered is not going to be available for much longer? Are they stopping production?

Problem with jonsered....I can't hardly find any dealers.

I am trying to find out why Jonsered is not going to be available for much longer? Are they stopping production?

Problem with jonsered....I can't hardly find any dealers.

From what I heard they’re popular out east where I’m from but not as much out west I don’t know about the truth in that but from what I understand they are just re-badging them the red max there really is no difference internally between them and Huskies. The 555 is the same as the 2258. 2172-372 2166-365 and the 2260 is almost the same as the 562 the 2260 is small bar mount. Personally I would try to buy from a good local dealer or one of the trusted dealers on this site

From what I heard they’re popular out east where I’m from but not as much out west I don’t know about the truth in that but from what I understand they are just re-badging them the red max there really is no difference internally between them and Huskies. The 555 is the same as the 2258. 2172-372 2166-365 and the 2260 is almost the same as the 562 the 2260 is small bar mount. Personally I would try to buy from a good local dealer or one of the trusted dealers on this site

Ok..thankyou.. I guess I am not going to let this thread die. So I must ask, what is different about the 562/2260 comparison? You said "almost"

I have not run either of them but from what I understand it’s the 562 is large bar mount like a 372 and the 2260 is small like the 555. And I hope someone corrects me if I’m wrong but I believe husky makes a 560 for overseas which is the same as the 2260

Ok..thankyou.. I guess I am not going to let this thread die. So I must ask, what is different about the 562/2260 comparison? You said "almost"
Large bar mount on the 562, small on the 2260. The 2260 is comparable to the 560 husky which has not been distributed in the us.
All jred parts do not fit on the husky or vs versa, but the internals such as the engines are the same.
I have not run either of them but from what I understand it’s the 562 is large bar mount like a 372 and the 2260 is small like the 555. And I hope someone corrects me if I’m wrong but I believe husky makes a 560 for overseas which is the same as the 2260

That's right.
We were typing at the same time.
If you look up red max I believe they are rebadged jonsereds which is for the most part is a different color husky

This is correct, except there are many parts that do not fit as I said above.

The 2260 has a small bar mount, the handle is straight instead of at an angle , and the air filter and top cover is smaller. The JRed is also slightly smaller in size and lighter like the 555.

You better not let this thread die until you report back letting everyone know what you decided, there will be many people reading this down the road who want to see how everything turns out.

You better not let this thread die until you report back letting everyone know what you decided, there will be many people reading this down the road who want to see how everything turns out.
Damn this is a hard decision.

I like the 555 for being exactly what I need and nothing I don't. I like the price tag and I like the all orange paint.

I like the 562 for having a bit more muscle (everyone likes more hp), being able to run a 24 inch bar if I want to, and being a true pro saw at a good price.
I do no care for the gray paint.

I like the 2260 for many of the same reasons as the 562. I guess the small mount is an advantage for my purpose and I don't mind the all red color. I think it looks good actually. I am worried about dealer support and finding parts "if" I happen to need a jonsered specific part. Also, I would probably have to by from an out of state shop.

Should the 2260 be cheaper thaan a 562?

I like the 555 for being exactly what I need and nothing I don't. I like the price tag and I like the all orange paint.

I like the 562 for having a bit more muscle (everyone likes more hp), being able to run a 24 inch bar if I want to, and being a true pro saw at a good price.

I like the 2260 for many of the same reasons as the 562. I guess the small mount is an advantage for my purpose and I don't mind the all red color. I think it looks good actually. I am worried about dealer support and finding parts "if" I happen to need a jonsered specific part. Also, I would probably have to by from an out of state shop.

Most always the jreds are cheaper as the husky is the flagship model. There are some great deals to be had on the jreds right now because they are being discontinued. I would guess the value of a well cared for jred will not go down in the used market from where they are currently priced, but up, similar to the dolmar saws as guys who have had them and like them want another.

@Sawyer Rob can you speak to your experience with the 2260/562.

I don’t think finding parts will be difficult I looked up red max on google and the only difference I can see is the badge and model number will that stay the same I don’t know. As far as the difference I believe it’s top cover , the starter and handle bar angle @chipper1 can tell you if I’m wrong or forgetting anything

I have had run both 562/2260.. and also bought a new 2260 from @fordf150 he may have a 2260 left ? .... the Husqvarna version 562 can be had with a heated handle... one thing the 2260 cannot ....also the full wrap handles are available for the Husqvarna not sure if you can get them for the jonsered .........:(

Back