Best pricing on a husqvarna 555 or 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One saw is made for a pro with throttle control and no time to wait around. The other is made ....not as much for that.

There’s not many things more fun than a saw that snaps to attention and builds power quickly, imo. Especially if it has that explosiveness and also the torque to go along with it when the going gets tough. That’s the ticket to blissful cutting. Braap Braap.

It’s a no-brainer for me at a 50.00 upcharge. Bar mount be damned...

Or get the red one that is the same...ha. It’s just a prettier girl is all.

Ymmv.

One saw is made for a pro with throttle control and no time to wait around. The other is made ....not as much for that.

There’s not many things more fun than a saw that snaps to attention and builds power quickly, imo. Especially if it has that explosiveness and also the torque to go along with it when the going gets tough. That’s the ticket to blissful cutting. Braap Braap.

It’s a no-brainer for me at a 50.00 upcharge. Bar mount be damned...

Or get the red one that is the same...ha. It’s just a prettier girl is all.

Ymmv.
My research has led me to believe that there really isn't much difference at all between the 555/562 (or if red is your choice 2258/2260) I would consider a red one if there were any real dealers within 50 miles of me. The only places that sell the red saws are Tractor supply company.

Let put it this way... considering my uses (Listed in the first post), would I even be able to tell the difference between the 555 vs 562 if I ran them one right after another?
I will say, I don't care for the gray on the 562xp but it isn't a deal breaker.

IME you'll notice the difference between the 562 and 555 most if you limb a lot. The revboost on the 562 allows it to wind up quicker. Once the throttle is pinned and they're buried in a log you won't notice any difference.

I've used both saws commercially and both get the job done. I had a 562xp and sold it to buy the slightly smaller 2260.

If you’ve never run a “pro ported” little saw, you don’t know what you’re missing. Limbing is no comparison between the power delivery, as already stated.

You might THINK you have a fast revving, responsive saw until you run something like a 550xp...

See kenjax tree’s post.

Get the 562. Thank us later.

Brrrr or braap braap

The quicker power will also make small tree felling a joy. Just be careful on the first few or you will blow right through your hinge...

I’ve run a 562 but not a 555, but I’m pretty sure even a moron could immediately feel the difference.

Like a 359 or a 357...same saw basically (I think?), but different porting and therefore, feel.

No one. No one I work around runs the mildly tuned saw because it’s lots of limbing, small tree felling and small tree bucking. Braap braap

Straight bucking doesn’t take anything but torque and at least average chain speed. Any decent saw can do that.

I've used both saws commercially and both get the job done. I had a 562xp and sold it to buy the slightly smaller 2260.
I agree with the first part of this post, if you didn't know you wouldn't know. For resale I would want the 562, for a keeper and firewood duties I'd want the 555.
Not sure on the second part of that statement, you mean lighter correct.
No, but it is important, orange is my favorite color, and the gray on these saws is junk, and the reason the new 572 has the wrinkle finish grey on it(it looks to be more durable, let's hope so).
Get the 562. Thank us later.

Brrrr or braap braap
Have you ran both?
Most of the xp "lite" saws(pro built, but missing the xp) made by husky they seem to have a. nice low end grunt.
There's a time and place for the xp's, but for normal firewood duties they don't shine in my opinion as they may have some zip, but keeping them there is more work. Most firewood cutters are running longer bars than tree guys and the xp lites shine in that environment vs the xp.
Another thing is how many issues have been seen with the 550 and the 562 with excessive heat vs the 545/555. I know it's what we see more of, but I also believe there's something to that.
and do you really need 60cc?

50cc saws with smaller bars and chains are way more fun to run in small wood..

Or maybe I’m a wimp.
Your not a wimp, smallest saw to get the job done quick.
This is good advise anyway, this way he would have more power than his current saw and a lot less weight, and then he would be set up for a great 2 saw plan if he gets a nice 70cc saw :rock:.

My research has led me to believe that there really isn't much difference at all between the 555/562 (or if red is your choice 2258/2260) I would consider a red one if there were any real dealers within 50 miles of me. The only places that sell the red saws are Tractor supply company.

Let put it this way... considering my uses (Listed in the first post), would I even be able to tell the difference between the 555 vs 562 if I ran them one right after another?

I’ve noticed, especially recently, that many settle for the “lower performance” pro model to save bucks. Sometimes lots of bucks. Many also think that they are getting the same saw. They are, except that the one in higher tune is just that. And it is very noticeable swinging the saw around. VERY.

Many don’t know what they are missing, and some even prefer to take it down a notch.

I agree with the first part of this post, if you didn't know you wouldn't know. For resale I would want the 562, for a keeper and firewood duties I'd want the 555.
Not sure on the second part of that statement, you mean lighter correct.

No, but it is important, orange is my favorite color, and the gray on these saws is junk, and the reason the new 572 has the wrinkle finish grey on it(it looks to be more durable, let's hope so).

Have you ran both?
Most of the xp "lite" saws(pro built, but missing the xp) made by husky they seem to have a. nice low end grunt.
There's a time and place for the xp's, but for normal firewood duties they don't shine in my opinion as they may have some zip, but keeping them there is more work. Most firewood cutters are running longer bars than tree guys and the xp lites shine in that environment vs the xp.
Another thing is how many issues have been seen with the 550 and the 562 with excessive heat vs the 545/555. I know it's what we see more of, but I also believe there's something to that.

Your not a wimp, smallest saw to get the job done quick.
This is good advise anyway, this way he would have more power than his current saw and a lot less weight, and then he would be set up for a great 2 saw plan if he gets a nice 70cc saw :rock:.

Excellent comments!

And I hate to say it, but falling off the power in smaller saws is maybe a bit of a Husky thing, less so a Stihl thing, unless they have changed their philosophy with the newest models.

And if I wanted to address issues I wouldn’t even be talking Husky.

One day I will probably buy the rip roarenest 50cc Husky. Not yet.

That’s why I have a couple of Dolmars...don’t handle as good, but might hang together and not have any issues.

Latest posts

Back