best safety jacket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danp76

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a high quality wood cutter's safety jacket, with arm and full chest protection. Where can I purchase one, and which one do you recommend. thanks guys....

The best Vest that I've sold is made by Elvex. It is sleeveless and does not cover your arms. Here's an older 99 Data from U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission:
facts08.htm_txt_Injuryman2.gif
Here's a link to it:http://www.amickssuperstore.com/Elvex_ProVest_p/elvex%20provest.htm

Well personally Here's what i use as my "full" safety equipment if i'm cutting on the ground.
An orange full brim hard hat
Bugz safety glasses
ear plugs
good pair of leather boots
chainsaw chaps
Atlas gloves *they are light and have really good grip*

Only difference up in a tree is i dont wear the chaps.
If you have a list similiar to this you should be pretty well setup. The left lower leg (below the knee) and left hand i remember reading are where most accidents occur. Mainly because you're too tired to be running the saw.

A hard hat combo also works well for on the ground.

Just my two cents worth.

I have the elvex vest, and dont think it was worth it. The real protection goes from the top of the shoulder to just about the sternum. No lower body protection at all. For what they charge, the whole fron could be covered. Beyond no real protection, the back and rest of material is very cheap and did not hold up long at all. I was disappointed for what it could have been it did not live up to at all. It is a good idea, but someone else can probably come up with a better product. If they did, I would buy it as I was looking for added safety for sure.

I'm looking to purchase a high quality wood cutter's safety jacket, with arm and full chest protection. Where can I purchase one, and which one do you recommend. thanks guys....

Do you already have chainsaw pants, steel toe boots, hard hat, and all other PPE? Although the safety jacket may have some use, it's much more likely that you would injure your hand, leg, or foot.

I am as much or more a safey freak as most, but I don't think I would wear something with protective arms much. At some point, PPE is not convenient enough, and that would be an example.Just the ambient temp and or weather conditions would make a specific jacket with arms impractical sometimes for me.

I do always cut with steel toed boots, good chaps, good plugs and good muffs, gloves, helmet with screeen, etc.

I am as much or more a safey freak as most, but I don't think I would wear something with protective arms much. At some point, PPE is not convenient enough, and that would be an example.Just the ambient temp and or weather conditions would make a specific jacket with arms impractical sometimes for me.

I do always cut with steel toed boots, good chaps, good plugs and good muffs, gloves, helmet with screeen, etc.

Im with you in this, there really isnt need for safety jacket or other upper body ppe imo since 99% of injuries happen to legs and arms... I myself wear safety pants (husq) peltor lumberjack helmet, husq comfort gloves (with protection on left hand) along with steel toed cut resistant boots (stihl) and its enough... I also wear a husq jacket when cutting, but its just plain lumberjack style jacket (wear-resistant cloth and net on inside to let the air flow)...

Back