Best saw tool you have ever bought

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hardhat

hardhat

ArboristSite Operative
Asked my dealer gal today if she happened to have any and if she'd sell me one. Said she had em, but would have to kill me if she sold me one; and would then get fined $500 if she got caught -- for the sellin' it to me part.

I suggested she could get around the whole complicated mess by just GIVING me one, but according to her, she would have to kill my entire family under such circumstances.

So where can I snag one without having to go the "fashion one out of copper tubing" route? (Which much to my surprise, she did suggest!)

TIA if someone can hook me up with one. Coupla projects taking up bench space are in need.

Poge

I bought one off ebay.

NEW HUSQVARNA POULAN BLOWER SAW TRIMMER SPLINED CARB TOOL 530035560 L@@K OEM | eBay

If link doesn't work, just search for poulan tool.

Larry

rms61moparman

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Asked my dealer gal today if she happened to have any and if she'd sell me one. Said she had em, but would have to kill me if she sold me one; and would then get fined $500 if she got caught -- for the sellin' it to me part.

I suggested she could get around the whole complicated mess by just GIVING me one, but according to her, she would have to kill my entire family under such circumstances.

So where can I snag one without having to go the "fashion one out of copper tubing" route? (Which much to my surprise, she did suggest!)

TIA if someone can hook me up with one. Coupla projects taking up bench space are in need.

Poge

Dang!!!

I hope the guy on e-bay that sells them for 5.95 with FREE shipping never gets caught!
Just what I have bought from him will set him back $1500.00!
That girl is SO full of bovine manure.

Mike

PogoInTheWoods

PogoInTheWoods

Don't forget about the alligators...
. AS Supporting Member.
Maybe you can get someone like Bailey's to find an aftermarket vendor to make them and stock them?

Sorta like 039 top end replacement kits?

So under what categories are they both individually listed on the Bailey's website?

But didn't I ask the question in the first place???

:msp_confused:

Thanks to the other sources of enlightenment. I'm only working on a couple of these saws as a seasonal gesture for a friend and my nephew. Not something I'd spend any time on otherwise.

But I have heard that Husky dealers have been directed to cease making these tools available to the public based on the never ending influence of the EPA.

So what diameter of copper tubing, Philbert?

Last edited:
upstateny

upstateny

ArboristSite Operative
Dang!!!

I hope the guy on e-bay that sells them for 5.95 with FREE shipping never gets caught!
Just what I have bought from him will set him back $1500.00!
That girl is SO full of bovine manure.

Mike

I have been told the same thing here locally, that they are supposed to be a "tech tool" and not for public use due to the EPA emissions crap. And how tampering with the carbs voids the Emissions stuff (or something to that extent). Meaning they no longer would meet the emission standards.

young

young

token asian

Poge

the last 3 i got was from jacks small engine.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
J.Walker

J.Walker

Addicted to ArboristSite
A chain filing vice is a great tool.

012-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
I'd have to say the Dinasaw ABN/CBN wheels for my Speed Sharp grinder. Spendy but no massive amounts of carcinogenic dust anymore, no more black phlegm, no more dressing of wheels, and faster grinding with less burning...

They are easy to make braze a t27 bit to a length of steel rod.

Or just cut the handle off a T handle :)

Without a doubt 4 pair of different style hemostats!!!
There is no end to the things you can do with them when working on a saw!

Mike

Not only that but if you slip with your razor sharp square filed chain and severe your femoral artery you can clamp of any gushers :D

CTYank

CTYank

Peripatetic Sawyer
Granberg "File-n-Joint" I bought 35 yrs ago. Still the simplest way to quickly and consistently file chain to razor sharpness. Tried other guides and portable grinders- fuggeddaboudit. Since chain condition is THE prime determinant of saw performance, this tool rocks. :rock:

Second, the 12" piece of nylon rope I use to lock a crank from rotating.

Third, good quality files that keep #1 "happy".