Best sounding saw ever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good running 87cc McCulloch, like my 660. The thing just howls and sounds the part of a power hog..even better than the 123cc McCulloch 797. None of my Homies even compare...forget the Husky's with that tinny choked up muffler sound!

Tinny choked up sound? You haven't heard my 2101XP - booms like a shotgun. My 288XP is no choked up saw either.

That twin sounds liks a haybusa turbo mmmmm nice power

OMG that SOLO TWIN sounds amazing when he is reving it. Best sound I've heard so far.

That twin sounds liks a haybusa turbo mmmmm nice power:blob2::blob2::jawdrop::lifter: just gota:love1: that saw.

I watch this video once a week just to hear this saw idle. Its an 088 but it sounds great at idle

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/leM-d2tIZts&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/leM-d2tIZts&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

i am more predisposed to the old saws. but i like the way my 090,3-25, and my 075 sound:greenchainsaw:

The redwood vid is one of the best i've seen...its "real".

High value tree, and the guys are being careful. I liked seeing the sawyer double-checking his sights, for example.

How many videos out there portray the crew as hotshot cowboys that can drop about anything in 3 seconds, while hungover, with hardly a glance!

I doubt I'll ever get the chance to even be near a Redwood harvest, let alone knock one down, but If I ever did, you can bet I'd milk it all day just to savor it. Biggest tree for me was a Mn white pine that measured 55" (the widest way, 51" the other) 3 feet from ground, and I spent over an hour taking it down just to enjoy it as long as I could.

Bump, (is it just me or is this thread slippin?) :monkey:

Back