Best Stihl saws ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ported MS441CRMTronic pretty as a picture.:msp_biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Favorite all around saw? The one you can go cut timber with, limb and bump knots with, buck with, cut firewood with............and have a smile on your face while running it (with the exception of cutting very large oak and hickory)? The MS361!!!!! I will be the first to admit that there are times it's much easier on me and the saw, not to mention safer to grab a 460 or 441, but the ol' 361 has, when needed done the job!

Tom

The 045/056 series was hard to beat back in the day and still run strong today. My 032 is still running strong after 30+ years of service. I have a few modern saws that I will rely on for the next 30 years, the ms260, ms441, and 066.

I agree totally. Made Stihl what it is today! My 032 is still cutting wood 35 years after i first bought it. Fantastic saw as is it's bigger brother the 056 Stihl. My alltime favorite. Still miss my old one that was stolen years ago. Incredible chainsaw!!

I really like my 026's and one that Mastermind worked on gets a lot of run time, but I still kind of prefer the big old ones.

PA290757.jpg

Al.

The 1106 series saws kept Stihls reputation up, also when they didn't really deserve it = most of the time regarding anything smaller. The AV design on the older 1106 saws was really bad though, looking bad and adding a lot of weight. :laugh::laugh:

The 1106 series saws kept Stihls reputation up, also when they didn't really deserve it = most of the time regarding anything smaller. The AV design on the older 1106 saws was really bad though, looking bad and adding a lot of weight. :laugh::laugh:

How do you say "doofus" in Norwegian? :D :D :D

hey Darren, whats the extra holes in the bar For? what do you run on it?

the holes are coz it is a 3003 002 9421 bar they go on the ms460R rescue saw and they usually have this on them
this came with a saw i bought as a spare

attachment.php

you can the two pins just in front of the spikes
18" bar and carlton A3EP . cheers

Last edited:
Back