Best Value Bar Replacement for Stihl 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slednut3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I received a 16" stihl E bar on my 361 when I purchased it and it is time to replace. I am not a professional logger by any means so I do not need the top of the line with the top of the line price, but I hate buying junk. I have searched through the many posts on the "best bar" subject and I think I have narrowed it down to either the Stihl ES, a GB Pro Top, or Windsor Speed Tip. Which is the best way to go?

I got a 24" gb titanium off ebay for $50 a few weeks ago. I haven't used it yet but they seem to get good praise on here from a few that use saws a lot so I figured I would try one. The stihl bars are hard to beat in quality.

The Oregon Power Match or ProLite are good bars. I like the ProLite but Saw Troll says the Stihl E bar is lighter. Currently I run a Stihl ES in 22"/.063. It is heavy but I like the length.

Forgot to add: Look at Bailey's online.

i bought two 18 inch carlton timber champ nk bars and chains and could have bought another bar for less than just the stihl 18 inch bar alone they work great.

The Oregon Power Match or ProLite are good bars. I like the ProLite but Saw Troll says the Stihl E bar is lighter. Currently I run a Stihl ES in 22"/.063. It is heavy but I like the length.

The Stihl E surely is lighter and nicer, but it also is much more expensive, at least here. :msp_wink:

I'm having a good run with the Gb Ti bar. I have had it on for a couple months now. I'm figuring 15-20 tanks now and not even a sign of bar wear. The rails seem to hold up good, and for 40 bucks, it's hard to beat. Looks good too. :) The finish looks close to new. This pic was about 10 tanks in and the paint looks the same now.
0305111354.jpg

I'm having a good run with the Gb Ti bar. I have had it on for a couple months now. I'm figuring 15-20 tanks now and not even a sign of bar wear. The rails seem to hold up good, and for 40 bucks, it's hard to beat. Looks good too. :) The finish looks close to new. This pic was about 10 tanks in and the paint looks the same now.
0305111354.jpg

Too bad the writing is upside down.

I have a carlton premium sprocket tip 20" made in the USA version with a freshly sharpened (filed) woodland chain. 20" 3/8 .063 chain.

I used it for bout a half of a day and sold the saw it was on. Now I have a bunch of other chains that were given to me that won't fit it. I will let it and chain go for $30 shipped.

0305111354.jpg

i like the looks of those bars,,,where do you get them????
cowroy,,if that was a 50 gauge i would buy it from you,,all my 20" chains are 50 gauge

around here you can get the stihl ES for the same price that oyu can order a oregon power match plus,, the oregon is a real good bar

08F150:

I got mine on Ebay. Got the 20 and 28 inch, 75 bucks for both. Thats was an awesome deal, but I do see the 20in bars selling for around 50 bucks. Thats about the same price as the Stihl bars, which may be just as good, but I'm getting alot more wear out of these Gb bars than I ever did out of the Stihl bars. Not taking anything away from the Stihl bars, but the GB Ti bas are well worth the coin.

08F150:

I got mine on Ebay. Got the 20 and 28 inch, 75 bucks for both. Thats was an awesome deal, but I do see the 20in bars selling for around 50 bucks. Thats about the same price as the Stihl bars, which may be just as good, but I'm getting alot more wear out of these Gb bars than I ever did out of the Stihl bars. Not taking anything away from the Stihl bars, but the GB Ti bas are well worth the coin.

That is a sweet deal. I love my Stihl bars, but by all means would have taken that deal all day long. Guess I will have to be on the lookout!

Back