Best way to handle this big Oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call that tree guy you are already impressed with and ask him how much he would charge to HELP you fell the tree. He will say he has to come and look at it first. When he tells you how much, you ask how long you would have to work on his ground crew to earn that much since you are unemployed. He will say X hours, you shake hands, tree comes down, and you now have a JOB. Any questions?

Wow, I wanna move to ......... so I can make that money! Cmon chad, give it up--where you at?

Hey od, let's go to trucker.com and tell em all how to double-clutch! :dizzy:

That is something I have been trying to figure out my whole life- the double clutch. What is that?

c'mon dan. you know what that is. depress clutch move to neutral, release clutch. depress clutch move into gear.

pork waah? That means why would you do that?

I have heard about 4 different descriptions of double clutching.

One i heard was to depress the pedal while taking off in first then let it back out. I think this was supposed to keep the R's up.

One i heard was to depress the pedal while taking off in first then let it back out. I think this was supposed to keep the R's up.

Oldirty is right on the money with description of double clutching, but who double clutches anyways, get to know your rig and shift on RPMs no clutch needed.

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Just drive her dan-o! For all the hoe that she is!! no need for diagram! lol.

thats how i do it. unless under heavy load and hauling the chipper then i'll double up the clutching.

Pork wah? Does it help? I have done it before but didn't notice a difference.

Another form of Dc-ing I heard was just to pump the pedal twice before shifting. I don't know what this is supposed to do unless its hydro and there is a problem with it.

So you see, I am at a loss. I am going with what MDS recomended.

Pork wah? Does it help? I have done it before but didn't notice a difference.

Another form of Dc-ing I heard was just to pump the pedal twice before shifting. I don't know what this is supposed to do unless its hydro and there is a problem with it.

So you see, I am at a loss. I am going with what MDS recomended.

That a boy Dano! lol.

Night all.

night bud. whenyou get the dog back?

i got him back last winter after he tried to make lunch out of the x's pot bellied pig...again. lol

He's got three confimed bitings so far sinse he's been down in the big town and off the moutain: two tree climbers and a buddy's hvac helper just yesterday, lol. He goes for the a$$, some funny ****

With the treeguys..maybe he smells competition?? lol

well hopefully he quits the biting down there in big town. good to have the pup back though isnt it?

Yeah, all 130 lbs+ of him. He's not all that bad, just needs some time to get to know people and then he's real cool...but until then what a prick! Its good though, gives me an excuse not to let just anyone in the shop: well, I'd invite ya in but....RAAH RAAHH RAAHH at the door and they usually say "uh, thats alright".

Wow, I'm reviving an old Thread here. Just noticed I took a beating on my guess of how much that tree would cost to remove. I'm just comparing to what crews are charging around here...to the fella's (Old Dirty, TreeSeer) who made the double clutch comment: why do you have to be a jerk? If you happened to have a CDL and was offered the option of making money when tree work was slow would you do it? Go take your elitist attitude out of the equation and we can talk trucking or tree removals...I'll leave my "elitist" attitude out of the thread. I'm not here trying to stir the pot nor make any money....just hanging out.. I do notice Old Dirty, you sure bust my balls about the truck driving every chance ya get. So be it.....it's steady, pays the bills, and when I get a random day off I always have easy tree-removals to supplement my income. If I were a 9 to 5er arborist and got slow you bet I would have no qualms getting into the cab of a truck and jamming some eaton fuller gears around for 17 bucks and hour. I'm not too proud.

I just dropped a tree that was bid by 2 companies. One bid 2900 bucks, the other "Big" Tree company bid it over 4000. HO said another company came in a said "it couldn't be done". This tree looked easier than the op's pic. I came in a did it for 2000 and the homeowner freaked out that we actually bucked and stacked all the wood and piled up the limbs for him. The above bids were for dropping only not including removal. So to you naysayers: YES this is what tree crews are charging in my area.

This was the "4000+ dollar" tree. Or the "3000" dollar tree. Looks about the same if not easier than the op's pic. Here I am enjoying the view and the sunshine on a cold morning.
IMAG0140.jpg

Last edited:

blah blah blah.

if you knew what you were up to in that tree you wouldve known to rig the crap from the right off the leader you cut out first as to avoid them trees you kept getting caught in.

anywho. what are you? a rock climber? a truck driver? a halfassed tree guy under cutting the local companies that run legal and have guys that need to feed mouths at home?

which one?

there is a reason they priced them trees at their price. thats how much it is to do the job. keep hustling though. it'll catch up to you one way or the other. by that i mean you chase the wrong tree and it bites you in the ass or you steal from the wrong tree guy and he sticks his foot up your ass.

personally i dont like seeing guys who havent put in the time going out and doing work they shouldnt be doing. how'd your first vid go? laying a top in your own lap?

where you learning this tree skill anyway, the internet?

you still haven't told us where around here is.

Wow, I'm reviving an old Thread here. Just noticed I took a beating on my guess of how much that tree would cost to remove. I'm just comparing to what crews are charging around here...to the fella's (Old Dirty, TreeSeer) who made the double clutch comment: why do you have to be a jerk? If you happened to have a CDL and was offered the option of making money when tree work was slow would you do it? Go take your elitist attitude out of the equation and we can talk trucking or tree removals...I'll leave my "elitist" attitude out of the thread. I'm not here trying to stir the pot nor make any money....just hanging out.. I do notice Old Dirty, you sure bust my balls about the truck driving every chance ya get. So be it.....it's steady, pays the bills, and when I get a random day off I always have easy tree-removals to supplement my income. If I were a 9 to 5er arborist and got slow you bet I would have no qualms getting into the cab of a truck and jamming some eaton fuller gears around for 17 bucks and hour. I'm not too proud.

I just dropped a tree that was bid by 2 companies. One bid 2900 bucks, the other "Big" Tree company bid it over 4000. HO said another company came in a said "it couldn't be done". This tree looked easier than the op's pic. I came in a did it for 2000 and the homeowner freaked out that we actually bucked and stacked all the wood and piled up the limbs for him. The above bids were for dropping only not including removal. So to you naysayers: YES this is what tree crews are charging in my area.

This was the "4000+ dollar" tree. Or the "3000" dollar tree. Looks about the same if not easier than the op's pic. Here I am enjoying the view and the sunshine on a cold morning.
IMAG0140.jpg

still hiding from the EX's lawyer?

Latest posts

Back