Best way to handle this big Oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure is easy to make enemies around here. I'll have to think twice before I offer any tree-removal advice. Anyhow, Old Dirty, first you bust my balls and think I'm giving BS advice saying I've WAY over guessed how much that tree is gonna cost the op, then later you reply to me saying I'm UNDERCUTTING local tree crews by charging to little. Man, I respect the fact that your a well-rounded tree climbing pro, but you sure have some itch to get cranky with me on every account. Maybe I've forgotten what I said in the past that really pissed you off.

Why do I get the feeling that if I ask for climbing advice I had better get ready to be flamed for not "knowing it all". I sure wish I could have gotten in on your good side Old Dirty, because I'd be willing to bet you could teach me a lot of awesome stuff. Unfortunately for me, but obviously fortunate for you, I'm a little afraid to ask you any questions for the simple fact that your belief (with me at least) is that if I don't know something I had better not ask and simply call in the local arborist and pay up.
-Chad

personally i dont like seeing guys who havent put in the time going out and doing work they shouldnt be doing. how'd your first vid go? laying a top in your own lap?

where you learning this tree skill anyway, the internet?

go to work for someone so you dont get yourself killed, kid.

you dont know the wood that you are dealing with. you havent even spent the time on the ground, saw in hand, to be considered experienced yet you will take a saw into the tree with you?

spend some time humping brush to the chipper so you can find out just how much wood actually weighs. this will tell you what you can move around in the tree. gives you better insight to what kind of stress you'll be putting on a crotch if you are roping.

i could go on and on about this ****.

hell, you like climbing so much go get a job. you are willing to go up and you have a cdl. people are looking for guys willing to learn as well. find a good local company and earn your skill. you are worth more to a tree company than you are to the trucking company.

what i dont like is someone who does not do this for a living coming in and telling me how much loot they are making on tree work when they dont do it for a living.

best comparison i can make is a union reference. scab.

stay safe.

you can cable that down the hill with the tractor easy!problem lies in the cut it must be perfect,(not a good idea to one cut stuff next to the house)and also the coordination between the tractor operator and faller must be spot on..if you are second guessing any of it ?call a pro...

you can cable that down the hill with the tractor fairly easy!problem lies in the cut it must be perfect,(not a good idea to one cut stuff next to the house)and also the coordination between the tractor operator and faller must be spot on..if you are second guessing any of it call a pro...and also i have not stood underneath this tree so i really dont know where the weight is?but thats my two cents...:chainsaw:

Call that tree guy you are already impressed with and ask him how much he would charge to HELP you fell the tree. He will say he has to come and look at it first. When he tells you how much, you ask how long you would have to work on his ground crew to earn that much since you are unemployed. He will say X hours, you shake hands, tree comes down, and you now have a JOB. Any questions?

TWO QUESTIONS: 1.Does anyone think this was bad advice?
2. Is this tree down yet?

Latest posts

Back