Better late than never, start of '13 wood hustle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnice_37

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Very late start this year, but life and a lingering chest cold got in the way. Felt good to cut.

Started with the newly rebuilt 038 (Mag conversion). Saw ran great but something is up with the chain tensioner (not real sure how these Stihl things work) and "STOP" doesn't kill the engine, which means I kill it with choke, and then I flooded it. So I got about 20 minutes of work in with that old girl, felled it, tuned it in the trunk, then start limbing and problems started. Chain felt really grabby and easily bogged... so something is up there.

ResizedImage_1358101813451_zps05263dd4.jpg

Turn to the trusty 346xp and finished bucking.

ResizedImage_1358101813781_zpsfa863bd3.jpg

The rest of the gear and one of my "wood haulers"...

ResizedImage_1358101812298_zps3856df70.jpg

This is what I've got so far for 2014-15 (front row, back is next year's). Not much but I'll catch up. None of this is from today.

ResizedImage_1358101812841_zpse64447bf.jpg

Plan is to go out back at night and wack up what I bucked today with the Fiskars, and bring in a sled or two a night. My gym = the woods. No easy way to access the wood, so I really hope for some snow. These things just don't work as well on wet leaves. Man it is nasty during this January thaw.

Good start!
I'm with ya on the haul out. We lost our snow and normally I wouldn't dream of cutting and not bringing home a load but I did yesterday. I stacked it all up in the woods and waiting for snow or to borrow the friends quad again!

Enjoy!! I'm good through '14. Which doesn't mean that I won't still be out gathering. :msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back