Big Back Yard Pines Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagetown

Farmer and a STIHL
Reaction score
johnstrees0031.jpg
The trees before work began yesterday. This is my friends back yard. He was quoted $9,000 for 8 to 10 trees. He finally found a Construction Company to do the job for much less. Here are some pics taken today.
img00011.jpg

img00041_1.jpg

I thought you'd enjoy these pics. As of Wednesday evening, they'd just felled the last tree on the fence line, with a big Pecan by the home that is to come down next, and a large Elm behind the home.
Also, they don't have a wood chipper, so they're burning the limbs in his yard. Ouch! They're keeping the logs, and they won't remove any of them until they're finished. Oh; well.

Last edited:
That's got to be hairy working off a basket on the forks of a pedi boom. Looks like easy murph trees

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I went by there today. They had taken down the big elm, and were cutting it up and piling it to burn right there. Yikes.
Oh; and they've already put back his chain link fence. At least that part looked okay, but that poor yard is a sight.
Next is the big Pecan between his house and his neighbor. They'll have to take down the power line to my friend's house to get the Boom in there. That part looks very spooky, too many high (low) lines to watch, and those limbs overhanging the houses.

Last edited:
I must admit being a bit jealous....nobody lets me just burn limbs next to their house around here! I actually have to chip it and haul away.

Looks like plenty of room to drop those pines, just wasting time with the material handler.

Must be a different world in OK, strange job for sure..........

Howdy old_soul: I couldn't believe it either. The morning I was there, I just knew the fire dept. would show up, but they continued burning every day. Finally got the last Pecan from between those houses w/o damaging anything.

Howdy old_soul: I couldn't believe it either. The morning I was there, I just knew the fire dept. would show up, but they continued burning every day. Finally got the last Pecan from between those houses w/o damaging anything.

Glad to hear it went well, just saying

It would make me a nervous wreck leaving a brush fire that close to someone's house.

Glad to hear it went well, just saying

It would make me a nervous wreck leaving a brush fire that close to someone's house.
Burning brush piles out here on the ranch one learns just how treacherous things can get if the wind picks up or shifts. Those guys are in for a rude awakening one of these days.

looks like he is getting what he paid for....lol
I talked to him the other day, and he said they finally finished up, and have left. Said something about getting his son to come over and grind the stumps down. He may reach that $9,000 mark yet.

Back