Big, big Homelite score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
So I'm heading back to Georgia from Pennsylvania with a vehicle full of Homelite saws. Old stuff. Big stuff. I'm way out of my area of expertise as I know nothing about the larger Homelites but I knew I needed to stuff them in the car even though I didn't have room. One of the saws is an old gear drive that looks a bit like a Zip but I'm not even sure what color or brand it is. (It's covered with accumulated grime) Most of the other saws had fuel in them even though the guy I got them from said some hadn't been run in 15 years or more. The only small saw was a top handle Poulan that he said had a scored piston. I have lots of parts for that so that was a good find for me. At least one (and I think more) had big chain, 1/2" pitch stuff) I think there was a couple of 750s and I think one was like a 1050 or something like that. It'll probably be winter before I have time to sort through all this stuff but it's sorta fun. I probably won't keep any of it long term but I have a bunch of new toys for now.
Please do not send me PMs regarding buying any of this stuff. When I get it sorted out, I'll put stuff I want to sell in the trading post. I also got a box of parts (used and new stuff), an owner's manual for the 750 and a bunch of bars and chains.
The guy who originally used this stuff was a logger and firewood seller and his son was selling it off after storing it for years after his father's death.

I don't actually mind if someone sends me a pm or calls, I'm not trying to be a grinch. I'm just saying that I'm not planning to part with anything at this point so no sense anyone wasting time asking. I will likely eventually part with ALL of it but that may be quite a while from now. I don't even know what I have yet. When I get back (I'm somewhere in VA now) I'll unload it, snap some pics and then probably tuck it away somewhere (that'll be a challenge) and then sort it out later. Hope some of the stuff is ok. I know some of the fuel lines have turned into melted jelly beans and so forth but I didn't assess any of it, just took bars off to get it in the vehicle. I don't know any of the specs on any of these saws so will need to do some research on that.
There were no bow bars Guido...

I'll be interested in a 750 and parts when you're ready to start moving stuff. Maybe other stuff too. Don't let us (especially Gary....LOL) hound you into parting with this stuff before you're ready.

Dibs on the 770GS and 3100G if there be any in the lot.:D

Well this guy was definitely a Homelite fan as just about everything he had was Homelite. And most of them are large saws too. I'll get some model numbers and pics later and post them up. I'll be interested to see if there's any nos parts too. I did see a bag of air filters but not sure what they fit.

I need a 2000/2100/3100 piston if ya happen to have one in your stash. Had one in my 'cart' on ebay a year or two ago, but someone bought it out from under me during the five minutes or so that I was checking the seller's other items before paying. I clicked 'pay for your item' and the eBay system told me the item was 'no longer available for purchase as it had been sold'. WTF??? I don't blame the buyer, as they had no way of knowing that the piston was in my 'cart'. ****ing eBay...

Sounds like a nice score, and a pretty cool road trip. Congrats, man. Sounds like a You Suck is in order! :D

Well, FOP, they did exactly what you asked them not to do. Couldn't wait:wtf:. Nice score...some of those old Homies are very pleasant to work on.

So I'm heading back to Georgia from Pennsylvania with a vehicle full of Homelite saws. Old stuff. Big stuff. I'm way out of my area of expertise as I know nothing about the larger Homelites but I knew I needed to stuff them in the car even though I didn't have room. One of the saws is an old gear drive that looks a bit like a Zip but I'm not even sure what color or brand it is. (It's covered with accumulated grime) Most of the other saws had fuel in them even though the guy I got them from said some hadn't been run in 15 years or more. The only small saw was a top handle Poulan that he said had a scored piston. I have lots of parts for that so that was a good find for me. At least one (and I think more) had big chain, 1/2" pitch stuff) I think there was a couple of 750s and I think one was like a 1050 or something like that. It'll probably be winter before I have time to sort through all this stuff but it's sorta fun. I probably won't keep any of it long term but I have a bunch of new toys for now.
Please do not send me PMs regarding buying any of this stuff. When I get it sorted out, I'll put stuff I want to sell in the trading post. I also got a box of parts (used and new stuff), an owner's manual for the 750 and a bunch of bars and chains.
The guy who originally used this stuff was a logger and firewood seller and his son was selling it off after storing it for years after his father's death.

PM sent, thanks for sharing.

I need a 2000/2100/3100 piston if ya happen to have one in your stash. Had one in my 'cart' on ebay a year or two ago, but someone bought it out from under me during the five minutes or so that I was checking the seller's other items before paying. I clicked 'pay for your item' and the eBay system told me the item was 'no longer available for purchase as it had been sold'. WTF??? I don't blame the buyer, as they had no way of knowing that the piston was in my 'cart'. ****ing eBay...
Yeah, when you put something in your eBay cart, it says the item is subject to sale until it's paid for. It in no way reserves it for you.
I'll check my Poulan 2000 pile to see what I have. If you don't hear back from me within a couple days, remind me. That tote of parts may be pretty deep in the stack...

Ok, got the car emptied. Laid everything out on the shop drive and will get some pics soon. The gear drive
"Zip" looking saw is a Homelite of some sort but I'd need to clean some grime to identify the model. It is using 1/2" chain but the bar and chain are both worn out.
There were a couple new .404 chains but not sure which of the saws (if any) that would fit. Got some other new chains too. (quite a stack of Oregon 72 in 81dl length). I'm pretty sure my Stihls take 84dl for the 24" bars but I'd have to check. I can add or subtract links if I need too. In fact there were some joining kits in the pile but not sure which chains they fit. A lot of the stuff is mysterious and I will have to gradually go through it. Won't be soon as I'm buried in things to do and don't have any "hobby" time available at the moment.

I dont think the ZIP is a gear drive but it could be a 4-20(4 horsepower/20 lbs. I can check for you if you need me to get a pic of my Zip.

I'm not saying it's a Zip, I was just referring to the "shape" of the saw. I can probably find a model by cleaning it a bit. This site just isn't working with my Verizon internet so not sure I'll be able to get pics up or not.

Noice. It's getting to where some old coot has to kick the bucket to get a stash of big ole Homies. Those 750's are all but slobbered up from the group drool going on here. Lol.

Yeah, when you put something in your eBay cart, it says the item is subject to sale until it's paid for. It in no way reserves it for you.
I'll check my Poulan 2000 pile to see what I have. If you don't hear back from me within a couple days, remind me. That tote of parts may be pretty deep in the stack...

I'm not looking for a Poulan Micro series 2000 piston. I need a piston for a Homelite 2000/2100/3100G. 114cc final evolution of the C/XP series saws...

The incident with eBay that I'm talking about must have happened right when eBay first introduced the 'cart' thing. I had bought several items using BIN before that and they were never in a 'cart'. After clicking BIN it would say "congratulations, you bought the item" and prompt me to pay for it now or look at the seller's other items.

When I clicked BIN for that Homelite 2000/2100/3100 piston, it said something about the item being in my 'cart' (something I hadn't seen on eBay before). There was a tab to click for paying for the item now, with one for checking the seller's other items right next to it. There was NO warning/advisement that items in my 'cart' were still available for others to purchase. If there had been....

Unfortunately, I clicked the check the seller's other items tab and spent about five minutes going through his other listings. Didn't find anything else that I needed, so I went back to click the pay tab. That's when it told me that the item was no longer available as it had sold.

Well of COURSE it was sold.....................I ****ing bought it five minutes ago.......................or so I thought. That was the first NOS Homelite 2000-3100 series piston that I'd seen on ebay in YEARS (and the last one I've seen). I contacted the seller and he basically said tough ****. I contacted eBay and they never got back to me........

You lucky bastard !

Back