Big, big Homelite score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, got some pics and details. I discovered I only have one 750 but it is complete. It runs on prime. I put fuel in the tank and it ran on more than the prime but certainly not ready to cut wood but I think it would be with a fuel system servicing.

The 1050 had the plug out, it does not have spark best I can tell. That's the only one in the pile that doesn't run on prime.

The Poulan 2000 should be good to go with fuel lines and a carb redo. Unlike what the owner told me, it does not have a scored piston...

A couple of the saws, I'm not sure what they are. I could make out the word "Super" on the side. Almost all of them came with a bar and chain on them.

One of the saws was missing it's muffler but I came across a muffler in the large box of misc. Not sure if it's the one but likely.

I need a 2000/2100/3100 piston if ya happen to have one in your stash. Had one in my 'cart' on ebay a year or two ago, but someone bought it out from under me during the five minutes or so that I was checking the seller's other items before paying. I clicked 'pay for your item' and the eBay system told me the item was 'no longer available for purchase as it had been sold'. WTF??? I don't blame the buyer, as they had no way of knowing that the piston was in my 'cart'. ****ing eBay...

I missed a 2100 this last weekend , it went the morning
Before I got there..... it went for $135 :(

Looks like a 4-20 to me. The recoil covers are pretty flimsy and hard to find. I have been told a 775 cover will fit. Be sure to have your earpplugs in when you fire that saw. Very loud...hurts loud. Be careful pressure washing that saw as well...easy to blow the decals/stickers off.

I put the 36" bar on the 750. At this point that's the only saw I "may" keep long term. I put most of the stuff up on a mezzanine in the shop and it'll sit there until some later time when I have a chance to sort through the smalls.
In the boxes, there are some NOS parts, lots of used parts, and some general stuff like chain joining kits, etc. There are some NOS air filters for the 550 and so forth. All in all, I'm pleased with the load. I've been thinking some and I may sell it all in one lot rather than spend all the time it will take to deal with the saws one at a time. That's not now, so don't bother to ask. It's just that I'm not a saw collector and these old Homelites aren't really something I mess with too much. I'm pretty sure with some TLC all of the saws could be made runners with a minimum of parts. And there's bars and chains for all of them too... Oh, there's a couple of NOS bars in the pile. One of them looks like it's been mounted but has no visible wear, the other one was in the sleeve still and I took it out for the pics.

Those supers you're referring to are SXL-925's. That hole bored in the clutch covers is common. The two screws that hold the cover plate to the clutch hub have a tendency to back out and dig into the cover like that....

Quite a haul there. I see stuff I need....................and stuff that I don't need but want...

Back