Big Butts= Big Bucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The bigger the tree, the harder they fall or harder the take down. I'll show mine now you show yours! This customer got the amazing deal of $7000 for this removal. No stump grinding required!

here's some more. Will post more tomorrow. Need some sleep. Got a crane job in the morning. Not big, just a big pain in the ass! Wires everywhere and will be lots of lifts. Will get video though.

Last edited:
here's some more. Will post more tomorrow. Need some sleep. Got a crane job in the morning. Not big, just a big pain in the ass! Wires everywhere and will be lots of lifts. Will get video though.

WTF didn't you already post these pics three years ago when you did this job?? Has it come to that...reliving the glory days??

Where's all this new footage you've been promising us?!!!

:popcorn:

WTF didn't you already post these pics three years ago when you did this job?? Has it come to that...reliving the glory days??

Where's all this new footage you've been promising us?!!!

:popcorn:

Ahh shut yur cake hole!! Check my video's on YOUTUBE! I've been busy climbing trees. What have you been doin... Dotting your "i"'s and crossing the "t"'s.:clap::agree2::cheers:

That looks like a fun ass tree. Nice big drop zone, plenty of room to rope big leads, what species was it?

Ahh shut yur cake hole!! Check my video's on YOUTUBE! I've been busy climbing trees. What have you been doin... Dotting your "i"'s and crossing the "t"'s.:clap::agree2::cheers:

My climber is off for 2 weeks...most climbin I've done in a while!!

Saw the videos they're awesome keep em comin!

:chatter:

That looks like a fun ass tree. Nice big drop zone, plenty of room to rope big leads, what species was it?

It was a Cottonwood, and it wasn't fun, and there wasn't a large drop zone. There was a septic bed we had to watch out for. And the tree was taken down with a 25 ton crane in 5 hours. Thanks for the comment.

Last edited:
It was a Cottonwood, and it wasn't fun, and there wasn't a large drop zone. There was a septic bed we had to watch out for. And the tree was taken down with a 25 ton crane in 5 hours. Thanks for the comment.

Cottonwood would make it tricky, I'm always hesitant to "go big" in soft species. I didn't see the crane in the pics. Did you have to butt hitch any of the tops back to the tree and then lift or was the crane up there enough to get them all? Looked like a tall tree, fer sure.

Back