Big egos and small minds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry if I appeared somewhat thin-skinned in a recent thread. A couple of remarks just struck me the wrong way at a time when I had a lot of worries on my mind. Should have just shrugged it off, ignored it, or come up with a witty reply. I play small-stakes poker fairly regularly with a group of guys around here. We dont play for the money really, though it's nice to drag a decent pot; we mostly play for the opportunity to give each other a hard time. The term "S.O.B." gets tossed around pretty regularly with no hard feelings. But if an utter stranger were to call one of us that, we'd feel differently. Maybe it's a southern thing (don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these "South's gonna do it again types." Not that's there's anything wrong with that. Please don't get mad at me if you fit that description...go ahead, get mad if you want, just don't call me a wannabe. Unless you want to. By the way A.A., you could just step back. Or reach out on it and hinge it over, then cut it off. Did that sound stupid? Please don't call me a noob... unless you want to.

my appearance here has caused a shatstorm of abuse and less than civil discourse. I've given it back in full measure and for that i apologize to all for being dragged down into the back alley brawls that i've participated in.

I post my out-takes that show some of my less than stellar work because i learn from the critiques i get, not because i want to start flame wars. Here's one now:

[video=youtube;kyphmmh0wiu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyphmmh0wiu[/video]

any tips on how to avoid that?
move

This thread is through. It served its purpose.

You two guys speak more from now on, and let the carnival do all of the mean doggin' for you. :msp_thumbup:

I'm sorry if I appeared somewhat thin-skinned in a recent thread. A couple of remarks just struck me the wrong way at a time when I had a lot of worries on my mind. Should have just shrugged it off, ignored it, or come up with a witty reply. I play small-stakes poker fairly regularly with a group of guys around here. We dont play for the money really, though it's nice to drag a decent pot; we mostly play for the opportunity to give each other a hard time. The term "S.O.B." gets tossed around pretty regularly with no hard feelings. But if an utter stranger were to call one of us that, we'd feel differently. Maybe it's a southern thing (don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these "South's gonna do it again types." Not that's there's anything wrong with that. Please don't get mad at me if you fit that description...go ahead, get mad if you want, just don't call me a wannabe. Unless you want to. By the way A.A., you could just step back. Or reach out on it and hinge it over, then cut it off. Did that sound stupid? Please don't call me a noob... unless you want to.

OMG!
If I was your wife,
I would Diss -!
Jeff :laugh:

Save your Confederate money boys, the South shall rise again!

... The term "S.O.B." gets tossed around pretty regularly with no hard feelings. But if an utter stranger were to call one of us that, we'd feel differently. Maybe it's a southern thing (don't get me wrong... Not that's there's anything wrong with that. Please don't get mad at me if you fit that description...go ahead, get mad if you want, just don't call me a wannabe. Unless you want to. By the way A.A., you could just step back. Or reach out on it and hinge it over, then cut it off. Did that sound stupid? Please don't call me a noob... unless you want to.

A drop cut on it would have worked too, but it was over a small fence which is why I hinged it down slowly.

I went to prep school (Castle Heights Military Academy) in Lebanon, TN so I get the Southern Gentleman thing ripplerider, and we all take a lot of ribbing from our friends. I guess I just didn't feel like I was with "friends" here and got rubbed the wrong way by some. People don't talk that way to my face and it's not because I come off as some kind of bad arse (although I can be) or am some awesome physical specimen (I'm a little old man of 64).

I'm gonna try to be the gentleman that I am, and rise above the bullpucky that gets flung around here by a few failed personalities who do most of the flinging.

OMG!
If I was your wife,
I would Diss -!
Jeff :laugh:

Diss what? Diss leave? Beat her to it-brought my son with me. Oh you mean disrespect me? Got plenty of that. Everyone she comes into contact with gets a boatload of that. Gotta go, big white oak's coming down this morning. Mucho clean-up.

I have never said anything out of line to anyone here but I have typed a few well deserved insults..........lmao...

My appearance here has caused a shatstorm of abuse and less than civil discourse. I've given it back in full measure and for that I apologize to all for being dragged down into the back alley brawls that I've participated in.

I post my out-takes that show some of my less than stellar work because I learn from the critiques I get, not because I want to start flame wars. Here's one now:

[video=youtube;kypHmmh0WiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kypHmmh0WiU[/video]

Any tips on how to avoid that?

Yeah, cut it with a 44?:msp_rolleyes:

Jeez, yer slow. Sorry to say but I saw what I saw. See? Your reaction time ( not to mention judgement ) appears to be lacking. You seem to keep setting yourself up to take hit on purpose or something.

I don't care , yer a dumb sob dude. Yeah, it makes me a little sick to see a circus. You don't really have to be a trained arborist to know when what you cut is coming at you, nor to move out of its way. its pretty bad you are out there beating yourself up with the easy stuff, I don't ever want to see yer chipper.

Last edited:
Yeah, cut it with a 44?:msp_rolleyes:

Jeez, yer slow. Sorry to say but I saw what I saw. See? Your reaction time ( not to mention judgement ) appears to be lacking. You seem to keep setting yourself up to take hit on purpose or something.

He's on something! Why else would anyone spend 20 grand on a lawnmower - to do treework!!

tree MDS dislikes...

Actually my IQ puts me well into Mensa territory ...

I don't care , yer a dumb sob dude..

Being the smartest guy in most groups has always been a burden to me. Folks of lesser intelligence seem to be put off by my brilliance and love to point out when I do dumb things. And yes, even Einsteins do stupid things. I am no exception, but at least I post my nutty professor moves while most of you only seek to inflate your own egos.

I'm successful at this, like I have been at most things I try, because I'm well spoken and have a World class education. I can converse with a customer at any level and come off as highly knowledgeable, no matter where the conversation goes. Reading the posts here tells me that most of you are barely literate, yet some of you do seem to know a bit about tree work and it is those gems of wisdom I seek here.

Oh yes, what did I do today? I trimmed a medium sized Maple in three hours for more than I made in a week when I started out in this business as a groundie.

Being the smartest guy in most groups has always been a burden to me. Folks of lesser intelligence seem to be put off by my brilliance and love to point out when I do dumb things. And yes, even Einsteins do stupid things. I am no exception, but at least I post my nutty professor moves while most of you only seek to inflate your own egos.

I'm successful at this, like I have been at most things I try, because I'm well spoken and have a World class education. I can converse with a customer at any level and come off as highly knowledgeable, no matter where the conversation goes. Reading the posts here tells me that most of you are barely literate, yet some of you do seem to know a bit about tree work and it is those gems of wisdom I seek here.

Oh yes, what did I do today? I trimmed a medium sized Maple in three hours for more than I made in a week when I started out in this business as a groundie.

Yeah Jacko Hacko, you are good at bull####ting people into things. Me? I was never good at that sort if thing, never really wanted to. You con people into believing that you know what yer selling. Its pathetic. Don't think of me as your friend but the opposite. Its nice to meet you and say that to you, thanks for posting hack off. And thanks to AS for providing me with the forum to do so, that felt good.

Hey, at least your son,FTA likes this!
Jeff:laugh:

Being the smartest guy in most groups has always been a burden to me.

and how does one cope being in that prediciment so often? Does it go right back to childhood or did you just get smarter with age?

I am personally still waiting/hoping for it to happen, just once would be nice, but dont hold out an aweful lot of hope to be honest. Thanks in advance

I find that hard to believe when you makes cuts and get hit in the nuts , really being the smartest guy on the short bus doesn't count pal...

Back