Big old Stihl, what have I done?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 70's and 80's you could walk into any pawn shop near a loggin' town and find 2 or 3 of those sittin' on shelves for 100 bucks. :)

Gary
Yeah and then go fill up your truck with gas for $5 and have a nice meal down the street for $3 after cashing your $85 paycheck. lol

Gary when the 70s were done...u were 12 so how much do u know about finding 070 or 090s for $100 in the pawn shops in that era?

Last edited:
Today I drilled the 41" 3002 mount bar and put it on the Stihl 070. My goodness, that is not a girly guy set-up. Just getting it to the tree is going to be a task, let alone cutting with it. I need to put it on a scale but it feels like 40 pounds!

Here is a pic of it being held by my son and tree service partner.

Couple of vids of these beasts running

This one seems reasonably tidy
MY LIFE IN THE PHILIPPINES VOL.14 LUMBER CUT BY CHAIN SAW - YouTube

Love the safety gear..but have to give the guy respect for his straight cuts, its close to where my wife is from. That's how most huts etc are made there.

And this old girl is missing muffler, chain is waiting to take his leg out, and I think he needs a richer mixture....lol...but it still runs!
Dimaluna - Cutting Coconut 2 of 3 - YouTube and its a 3 part video if you wanted to watch the rest.

Back