Big winch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatscooking

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bet they are made but i have not seen one, is there a winch made to fit on the three point hitch of say a 75 horse farm tractor that you could drag logs up some of these hollers i have around me, i have some reall great bigger trees further down than i can get with a chain or two.

Google "Logging Winches"

They'll look like these guys:

fxgallery1.jpg

How deep are your pockets?

I weeelly, weeelly, weeelly like the Tajfun winches but I like a roof over our heads even more. In a perfect world, where I had the $and could have it sit on the back of a tractor for a few years before paying for itself, I'd be into one of their double drum, remote controlled winches. they are pruuuudy.

Just wanted to mention the Fransgard brand. I bought the V-4000 last year and love it. I did lots of research on all the brands and it came down to who had the closest dealer - Fransgard. The various brands are all expensive and all very capable. They are also simple enough designs that I believe all are reliable as long as you don't abuse them severely. If you have a 75 horse tractor then get the biggest winch you can afford.....these things are STOUT !

Back