Bigger Dogs on my 361 !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutting butter with a 361 chainsaw... that wold be an interesting episode of Iron Chef Norway... today's secret ingredient will be: BUTTER! :cheers:

Big trees big dawgs. Mntgals with 066. Like troll says big powerhead big dawgs especially for felling really helps to stabilize the saw.
attachment.php

I have 460 Dogs on my little 260 :laugh:

You need Dogs when your cutting and falling Fir trees even Western Red Cedars it helps. The my old mans 051 with a 30 inch bar and 404 Chain bucking into a 48 inch diameter fir log you need good Dogs. You lean into it the old saw throws the chips especially with a brandnew skip chain. Cutting anything with 404 chain is like using a wood chisel :yoyo:

You East Coast boys can pay with your short little bars and what is wrong with running a 28 inch bar on a MS260. I have a 20 inch bar on a 260 and its borderline of being too short :rock:

When I'am falling I use the Dogs on my 46 Magnum to line up my cuts its the way I was taught. The MS260 Dogs are a little small but they still help but I only use the 260 on small 20 inch diameter trees or when I don't feel like packing the 46 to go drop a small tree.

You East Coast boys can pay with your short little bars and what is wrong with running a 28 inch bar on a MS260. I have a 20 inch bar on a 260 and its borderline of being too short :rock:

Nothing "wrong" with it, it's just a PNW thing..... I get the big cubes/bars/dawgs/wraps, just not the over-barred little saw thing. But if it makes you feel better I'll bet you guys account for 80% of the skip chain market. Try to get your hands on it in local shops out here. Ask for it here and you're likely to get a look like this.......:confused:

:cheers: :cheers:

skip chain

Im in va and we use nothing but skip chain. as for the dawgs, i think its kind of retarded to fit big spikes on anything smaller than a 460 mag, they just make the saw dig to hard. Totally counter productive to me.

Im in va and we use nothing but skip chain. as for the dawgs, i think its kind of retarded to fit big spikes on anything smaller than a 460 mag, they just make the saw dig to hard. Totally counter productive to me.

That is one of the best things about the bigger dawgs on the 361........they aren't that much (if at all) bigger than the stock single dawg!!!

Ba-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! :biggrinbounce2:

Yes, there is a sheep there in the photo. You stihl need a tame bar for those huskys to protect.

Pretty well 440 Stilhl 372XP Husky is the smallest saw that skip tooth chain is used as both these saws rarely run a bar shorter than a 28 you may see a 24 on a 440 but that is fairly odd. When your cutting soft wood the full skip works the best. Some bigger saws used for shake block cutting run a 42 inch bar mostly Oregon Power Match Bars

Who wants to be sharpening a full house chain on a 42 inch bar :biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back