Biggest Hardwood tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ralph ND

Ralph ND

Biggest Hardwood

Gypo,

The forestry dept of North Dakota came out and measured one of the Bur Oaks on our property a couple of months ago. It is 12.5 ft around, 83 ft tall and an average spread of 65 ft. It is estimated to be 300 - 400 years old. It is the largest known oak in North Dakota. Sorry I don't have a picture to post. (no camera)

Ralph ND

glens

glens

Former Member
John,

Your attachments have been rather well "adjusted" lately.  Thank you very much for saving me the work.

The "perspective" shot makes me wonder if it's still worth 8k US bucks even with the eyebolts, nails, bbs, etc. it's likely sporting in that locale.

I'm wondering, if you don't mind, what's the breakdown on your valuation?

Glen

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Hi Glen, although a City tree, it was of perfect form with no visual external defects for at least 32ft. With a tree of this quality buyers would take the chance of any hardware. Veneer mills protect their valuable knives with magnets that detect metal that shuts down the machine.
This particular stem would scale approx 1500 bf., at 6$/ft., it would gross at least 8000.
Gypo

Weatherby

Weatherby

ArboristSite Operative
Lets see ive never posted a picture but lets see what I can do.

This is a White Oak in the middle of a clearcut in the land that I hunt. I measured it at 17' 8" in circumferance.

Weatherby

Weatherby

ArboristSite Operative
Here is another view of that poplar, it forks at about 50 feet and as you can see not a bad place for a deer stand, although you need a gun that shoots pretty flat to hunt it.

Ryan Willock

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
thats quite a poplar you have there weatherby, lets see now poplars at $70 per ton right now sooo......got any more that size??? wanna cut'em??:D