Bitten 3 times, in 3 weeks.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't ever think I've been bitten by a hornet, wasp or bee. I've been stung many a time tho! ;)

Last year I was doning some injection work and it felt like someone whacked me in the back of my right thigh with a baseball bat. The swelling took 5 days to go away. When I went back to that area, my head was on a swivel, looking in all the trees. I saw a Bald Faced Hornets nest not 15' above my head where I was whacking the trunk of the tree getting ready to apply the poison. I've sprayed 4 Bald Faced Hornet nests and 2 Yellow Jacket nests this year already.

i ran into this issue last summer, and also got bit by ants every time I went out to split. this year I had my seven cords split and covered by mid april. No complaints.

just catch the bees with your hand and pull there stinger out, than they can't hurt you.
but no i use off deep woods and use my hat it seems to work everytime.

I run like a screaming girl and I am afraid of them. I have an EpiPen to prove it....o_O That is a picture of me swelling up!

Back